Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 5:33:45 PM EDT
by Douglas Adams

I've always been a fan of Douglas Adams both his Hitchhikers Guide and Dirk Gently Novels were a great source of entertainment, thought provoking and they greatly facilitated the removal of many of the filters through which I view the Universe.

His final work, that is to say the last book he published before he died was Last Chance to See.  I just finished reading it and I liked it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#1]
grab a copy of "the salmon of doubt"
its a collection of his unfinished works and musings put together by his old editor, pretty good stuff
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Another interesting work of his is "The Meaning of Liff"

It's more or less a dictionary in which he uses place name and gives them funny definitions... like that awkward gaps between when you notice someone in a hallway and get close enough to say hi to them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestion but I already did.  When I heard the movie was comming out I purchased all of his books including Starship Titanic but not The Meaning of Liff or it's sequal.  I will probably buy them later.

I decided to read both the Hitchhiker and Dirk Gently Series yet again then start on the books I haven't read.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top