Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 5:33:45 PM EDT
by Douglas Adams

I've always been a fan of Douglas Adams both his Hitchhikers Guide and Dirk Gently Novels were a great source of entertainment, thought provoking and they greatly facilitated the removal of many of the filters through which I view the Universe.

His final work, that is to say the last book he published before he died was Last Chance to See. I just finished reading it and I liked it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:35:28 PM EDT
grab a copy of "the salmon of doubt"
its a collection of his unfinished works and musings put together by his old editor, pretty good stuff
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:38:34 PM EDT
Another interesting work of his is "The Meaning of Liff"

It's more or less a dictionary in which he uses place name and gives them funny definitions... like that awkward gaps between when you notice someone in a hallway and get close enough to say hi to them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:39:31 PM EDT
Thanks for the suggestion but I already did. When I heard the movie was comming out I purchased all of his books including Starship Titanic but not The Meaning of Liff or it's sequal. I will probably buy them later.

I decided to read both the Hitchhiker and Dirk Gently Series yet again then start on the books I haven't read.
Top Top