Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/29/2017 3:33:18 PM EDT
A cautionary tale...

I have been looking for a KAC MK23 Suppressor for my HK MK23.

I noticed on Gunbroker that NWA Tactical was selling them, and I decided to see if I could buy one directly from them off their website. I made the purchase and received a "transaction receipt" indicating the sale had gone through and all was well. I paid $35 for shipping, and no extra fees were added, nor were any indicated anywhere on their website.

I then get an email from them indicating they had cancelled my order and were sending me an "invoice" to "confirm the purchase." What? I just had made the purchase and they sent me a receipt.

The "invoice" indicated now I owed $55 more bucks for the use of a credit card and $17 extra for  insurance on the shipment (which was already a freaking $35 and I'm merely/only one state over and it is a suppressor which is lite weight to begin with!

I insisted they honor the purchase I made this morning and then...I have the "pleasure" of this exchange with Larry Knesek II the President/CEO of this lame business.

Here are my follow up exchanges directly with Larry Knessek II

Larry,

Your response does not address the issue. I made a legitimate and legal purchase on the NWA Tactical website for the Knight's suppressor and received proof my purchase in the form of a transaction receipt. At no point during this process, nor anywhere on your NWA Tactical website is there any indication you would require a 4% additional amount for the use of a credit card. Will you honor this sale or not?

He responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately we are still working out the bugs with the new website per the advisory. We do offer a cash discount if you send in a check or money order.

Larry R. Knesek II
President / CEO
Phone: 479.474.1680
Direct Line: 202.760.2299

To which I responded:

Larry,

I have filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I am asking you to honor the sale your took as proven by the transaction receipt I received.

You are refusing to do that.

This is is very shoddy and dishonest and a horrible way to go about business.

And then, get this response from him...after several hours of BS and nonsense...

Hello, I hate that you felt you needed to do that. I actually made a note on your account for when they came in to give you a discount which would cover the credit card processing fee.

And I replied:

You could have told me that, Larry, right away, and we could have avoided all this.

He replied:

Larry responded ... again:

You have never done business with us before so you do not know how we do business. We will make the customer an invoice and only when the item is ready to ship do we charge their credit card. The first step is to make you an invoice for your review and since there was an issue a note was made on your account so when we do contact you to finalize your order you would receive the proper discount.

I have ask the IT department that is doing the programming on the new website to make the credit card processing fees more obvious. They are clearly listed on the FAQ page.

We bend over backwards for our customers so hopefully now you see that. Once we receive the serial numbers from Knights we will contact you to get your dealers information.

Have a wonderful weekend.

I sent him this response:

Larry:

1) Take down the NWA Tactical website site, immediately. You are just misleading people with it and making your company look like fools.
2) Figure out how to do online sales like 99% of every other firearm online retailer. Your methods are ridiculous, in the extreme.
3) Behave with integrity and honesty and do not mislead customers and then wait to do the right thing. Make it right, right away.

I manage a large customer facing business and if we did business like this we would be closing the doors very quickly.

You have not "bent over backwards" for me, all I got was excuse making and then only after I said I'm filing the complain with BBB did you say you have put a note on my account to cover my CC upcharge fee.

I will not do business with you and I will do all I can to publicize this incident and it will join the sad litany of similar stories that are easily found on the Internet and across multiple gun forums.

Do not contact me again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A cautionary tale...

I noticed on Gunbroker that NWA Tactical was selling them, and I decided to see if I could buy one directly from them off their website. I made the purchase and received a "transaction receipt" indicating the sale had gone through and all was well. I paid $35 for shipping, and no extra fees were added, nor were any indicated anywhere on their website.

I then get an email from them indicating they had cancelled my order and were sending me an "invoice" to "confirm the purchase." What? I just had made the purchase and they sent me a receipt.

The "invoice" indicated now I owed $55 more bucks for the use of a credit card and $17 extra for  insurance on the shipment (which was already a freaking $35 and I'm merely/only one state over and it is a suppressor which is lite weight to begin with!

I insisted they honor the purchase I made this morning and then...I have the "pleasure" of this exchange with Larry Knesek II the President/CEO of this lame business.

Larry,

Your response does not address the issue. I made a legitimate and legal purchase on the NWA Tactical website for the Knight's suppressor and received proof my purchase in the form of a transaction receipt. At no point during this process, nor anywhere on your NWA Tactical website is there any indication you would require a 4% additional amount for the use of a credit card. Will you honor this sale or not?

He responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately we are still working out the bugs with the new website per the advisory. We do offer a cash discount if you send in a check or money order.

Larry R. Knesek II
President / CEO

To which I responded:

Larry,

I am asking you to honor the sale your took as proven by the transaction receipt I received.

And then, get this response from him...after several hours of BS and nonsense...

Hello, I hate that you felt you needed to do that. I actually made a note on your account for when they came in to give you a discount which would cover the credit card processing fee.

And I replied:

You could have told me that, Larry, right away, and we could have avoided all this.

He replied:

You have never done business with us before so you do not know how we do business. We will make the customer an invoice and only when the item is ready to ship do we charge their credit card. The first step is to make you an invoice for your review and since there was an issue a note was made on your account so when we do contact you to finalize your order you would receive the proper discount.

I have ask the IT department that is doing the programming on the new website to make the credit card processing fees more obvious. They are clearly listed on the FAQ page.

We bend over backwards for our customers so hopefully now you see that. Once we receive the serial numbers from Knights we will contact you to get your dealers information.

Larry:

1) Take down the NWA Tactical website site, immediately. You are just misleading people with it and making your company look like fools.
2) Figure out how to do online sales like 99% of every other firearm online retailer. Your methods are ridiculous, in the extreme.
3) Behave with integrity and honesty and do not mislead customers and then wait to do the right thing. Make it right, right away.

I manage a large customer facing business and if we did business like this we would be closing the doors very quickly.

You have not "bent over backwards" for me, all I got was excuse making and then only after I said I'm filing the complain with BBB did you say you have put a note on my account to cover my CC upcharge fee.

I will not do business with you and I will do all I can to publicize this incident and it will join the sad litany of similar stories that are easily found on the Internet and across multiple gun forums.

Do not contact me again.
View Quote

" I actually made a note on your account for when they came in to give you a discount which would cover the credit card processing fee"

Seems like he tried to make it right and you kept on with the attack.

I must be missing something.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 6920 from him.  No issues.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I see one asshole in that exchange, and his name isn't Larry.

Unless of course OP's name is Larry.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have asked him to cancel the credit card transaction and sent him a postal m/o upon understanding his terms.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Yawn 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds sketchy as hell.

They don't even have the item in stock? Sounds like a good way to get the run-around for months while they hold on to your money.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
You sound high strung
It also sounds like his website blows
4% card fee is ridiculous. Anyone with volume should be around 2%. Sticking that to consumers as a separate line item is a practice of which I'm not a fan but lots of gun dealers do it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Go to the Arkansas hometown forum and ask their opinion of Kenesek.  He is a known shady person.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I once heard a cautionary tale called:  "When dicks collide"...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
running to the BBB is the sign of a schmuck
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I would have canceled the transaction and moved to a better seller . Also threatening to file a complaint with the BBB is like a second grader telling his mom about his hurt feels and has zero value as a real threat . Cancel the transaction and move on .
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
So a guy makes a purchase and pays.  He receives a receipt showing his payment has been received and acknowledged.  He then is informed he is being shook down for two additional fees totaling $72 more.  The owner then wants to flim flam and bullshit about the charges.

Fuck that guy and his shady ass bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Some of you, and the '17er are crazy.  OP had legitimate transaction, and approval.  Then seller comes back for more fees.................Hell no!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So a guy makes a purchase and pays.  He receives a receipt showing his payment has been received and acknowledged.  He then is informed he is being shook down for two additional fees totaling $72 more.  The owner then wants to flim flam and bullshit about the charges.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class of '17 had promise until Redbirdxx came along.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You sound high strung
It also sounds like his website blows
4% card fee is ridiculous. Anyone with volume should be around 2%. Sticking that to consumers as a separate line item is a practice of which I'm not a fan but lots of gun dealers do it.
View Quote
Our LGS stopped taking card payments completely when they reviewed their financials and found they were losing 29% of their profits to card fees...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone that deals with Knesek is crazier than if they tried to fuck a meth smoking badger.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]
In this case the customer seems to be largely at fault but I was screwed over by Knesek a number of years back and I'd never spend a dime with them.

They still owe me $2xx.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Give me a fucking break. People run businesses for other reasons than to serve you on a whim.

If someone told me after one email that they filed a BBB complaint I'd laugh and tell them to get fucked.

You're a typical problem customer snowflake and I bet Larry will be damn glad when you gtfo.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Our LGS stopped taking card payments completely when they reviewed their financials and found they were losing 29% of their profits to card fees...
View Quote
Unless if they are selling $2000 guns with a $10 profit margin markup I highly doubt it.

Cc transactions depending on volume and type can be as low as less than a percent to as high as 3.5%... and you can write off your fees
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, they should close their doors
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Give me a fucking break. People run businesses for other reasons than to serve you on a whim.

If someone told me after one email that they filed a BBB complaint I'd laugh and tell them to get fucked.

You're a typical problem customer snowflake and I bet Larry will be damn glad when you gtfo.
View Quote
Larry will probably call his employer and make up lies about the OP. He'll then make up reviews for businesses online and name the OP as a horrible employee.  Then Larry will pose as OP on the internet and claim all kinds of made up shit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
They lied to you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone that deals with Knesek is crazier than if they tried to fuck a meth smoking badger.
View Quote
No kidding, Knesek's a well-known shitheel and I'm surprised people don't do more research before spending their money.

The BBB complaint is useless.  Complain to MC/Visa, merchants are not supposed to upcharge for using a card per their contracts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Kneseck pulled some shady crap on buyers when he was selling a lot of Barretts long ago. He was doing the same thing, taking an order as complete, then coming back and adding on charges.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#28]
A store that attempts to charge you after the fact is shady at best.   My suggestion would be to report the store to the credit card issuers and processors as this is a gross tos violation and illegal in probably more than a few states.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I can't believe that some of you are taking up for the seller.  The OP does seem whiny with the BBB threat, but the seller fucked this up all by himself.  A crappy website is on the business, not their customers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They lied to you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They lied to you.
You are lucky to make 10-12% on new guns nowadays

CC is 2-4% 
Losing 1/3 of your profit due to CC is not unrealistic
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought my Barrett 99 (with a scope and case) from Knesek in 2003 for $3300.
It was less than what the locals were charging.
Fast shipping too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol, they should close their doors
View Quote
They just took cash instead and did alright.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They lied to you.
View Quote
Do you understand percentage of profit vs percentage of gross?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

CC is 2-4% 
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow you freaked the f*ck out. Seems like he was trying to correct and you went all "crazy guy weighting nasty emails from the basement" on him.

Misleading title and post OP.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

CC is 2-4% 
View Quote
if a business is losing a third of its profit to simple CC fees, that now run about 1.85 to 2.15% ,  they don't stay open long.  I ran a gun shop long enough to know the numbers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Unless if they are selling $2000 guns with a $10 profit margin markup I highly doubt it.

Cc transactions depending on volume and type can be as low as less than a percent to as high as 3.5%... and you can write off your fees
View Quote
And at a 10-12% margin what is 3 or 4% of gross?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Do you understand percentage of profit vs percentage of gross?
View Quote
I sure do. They lied to you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
if a business is losing a third of its profit to simple CC fees, that now run about 1.85 to 2.15% ,  they don't stay open long.  I ran a gun shop long enough to know the numbers.
View Quote
They don't just ding you on CC they ding you on debit too, and the fees to merchant are higher than fees to consumer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I think you are the unreasonable party in this exchange.  I hope to never do business with you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Some of you, and the '17er are crazy.  OP had legitimate transaction, and approval.  Then seller comes back for more fees.................Hell no!
View Quote
I would have been annoyed and resistant to the "invoice" with fees after the transaction, as anyone would be.. But after he said he was waving the fee for me (like he did for the OP), apologized (like he did for the OP) and explained that they are still fine tuning their website (he mentions this to the OP)...
I would have moved on with my life instead of steaming right along like some spoiled twit demanding that the business completely remove their website.

It's one thing to express concern about some thing that you consider shady or whatever but you straight up blew your top over something that was essentially solved for you.

What good comes from overreacting like this?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Do you have a hair cut like this OP?

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, impressive that I have the power to drag down an entire class with one post. I'll try not to abuse it.

From the exchange I read the OP is high strung and high maintenance. I've have two teenage daughters that are both less prone to drama. OP took it to the BBB after one email and the vendor still tried to make it right. I've owned my own business for 16 years and one thing I've learned is some people just aren't worth dealing with, OP sounds like one of them- BBB complaints and  an online smear campaign over a freakin' 4% CC fee that he was offered a way around.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

" I actually made a note on your account for when they came in to give you a discount which would cover the credit card processing fee"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
A cautionary tale...

Larry,

He responded:

Hello,

Larry R. Knesek II
President / CEO

To which I responded:

Larry,

And I replied:

He replied:

Larry:

Do not contact me again.

If the customer has gone through your checkout process successfully making it right would be honoring the price, not adding bullshit processing and insurance charges when you already have a steep shipping fee.   I wonder if they're violating their credit card agreements w/ that policy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No kidding, Knesek's a well-known shitheel and I'm surprised people don't do more research before spending their money.

The BBB complaint is useless.  Complain to MC/Visa, merchants are not supposed to upcharge for using a card per their contracts.
View Quote
Wrong, the Federal government approved a law a couple of years ago, that allows those who take credit cards to upcharge to cover their fee's, my contract specifically state I can upcharge to cover my fee's.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Poor rant.

Points deducted for lack if swearing, threats or follow through.  Points will be added if you take pictures driving across state lines while posting threats.  Win, if you burn his trailer down and post pics.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I would just cancel the transaction with my credit card company and went looking for another seller to purchase from, the BBB thing, does not do shit in this day and age of online stores.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#49]
So the seller's company is a bunch of fuck-ups... and they mess up your order.  You bitch about the order until they fix it, but that's not good enough for you.  You keep bitching because you're on the rag/bored/a busy body?

Jesus Christ.  Buy it from him or don't.  Why does everything have to be some personal crusade?  How do people have the time to get sideways over trivial bullshit?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:39:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Since you probably didn't go to the website and read the T&C, I'll post it for you.

Right on the product page, no need to navigate to another page to see the relevant info

It states the price listed is the cash discount price and that normal price is 4% higher.  Credit card sales are charged full price.  It also states that they try to keep product prices and shipping fees up to date, but sometimes they may be quoted wrong.  It tells the customer to contact them for correct pricing and availability.  

It sucks to be billed extra when you think a deal is done, but it's obvious the OP got in a hurry and didn't read the T&C listed on the product page.  If he would have read the page, he would have known how to get the suppressor at the price quoted or how to get the correct credit card price.  He also would have known that the shipping price may not be exact, but that they would provide the most current shipping charge upon his request.  A little communication would have saved a ton of self-induced frustration.  

Larry may not be the most popular person, but I didn't see anything egregious that he did.  He stated the correct price and told the customer how to get the discounted price he wanted.  He isn't required to give the OP the deal that the OP imagined he was owed, just like the OP isn't required to purchase the suppressor from Larry.  But in GD fashion, go ahead and make a bigger deal out of nothing.  This wasn't a bait and switch case.  This was a uninformed consumer case.  It's not that big of a deal though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top