Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 4:08:41 PM EDT
Got this from my bro-in-law who was trying to un-fuck my ma's computer that I recently put the screensaver onto.....  He was convinced it was a virus from the screensaver that messed her computer up and just proved it:

laru screen saver dir had a file called imb00001.exe a varient of the old regload virus....

I have no problems with the screensaver on my two computers though, and I still think it's something else that's screwing her computer up, e.g. she already has a redirector bot (among others), so maybe it infects downloads as they occur even....

just a heads up, I'm pretty techy, bro-in-law is master of all things computer though....

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm on Symantec Corp 10.1 and I haven't seen anything.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Got this from my bro-in-law who was trying to un-fuck my ma's computer that I recently put the screensaver onto.....  He was convinced it was a virus from the screensaver that messed her computer up and just proved it:

laru screen saver dir had a file called imb00001.exe a varient of the old regload virus....

I have no problems with the screensaver on my two computers though, and I still think it's something else that's screwing her computer up, e.g. she already has a redirector bot (among others), so maybe it infects downloads as they occur even....

just a heads up, I'm pretty techy, bro-in-law is master of all things computer though....

|mbroglio srikes again!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Infact I don't have that file in the directory either.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]
i haven't seen a *.scr virus for a couple years now.  but i guess its still possible    

install this   update it and do a full system scan..  it will work as a secondary antivirus.  BUT without the real time monitoring  
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:

Why don't you techie computer masters get your dear old mom a copy of Symantec Antivirus and Client Firewall? Throw on a copy of Windows Defender too while you're at it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you techie computer masters get your dear old mom a copy of Symantec Antivirus and Client Firewall? Throw on a copy of Windows Defender too while you're at it.

cause that costs money.  and bro-in-law and son are free.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah norton will really protect them  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Norton is shit and has been since the buy out. I get more pc repairs because of norton than any other AV software.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Avira Antivir, Spybot - Search & Destroy, and Comodo Personal Firewall since she's running Windows.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The best free AV program there is

Yep, Avast! is an excellent program.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I prefer AVG Free but to each their own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top