Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2006 3:08:41 PM EST
Got this from my bro-in-law who was trying to un-fuck my ma's computer that I recently put the screensaver onto..... He was convinced it was a virus from the screensaver that messed her computer up and just proved it:

laru screen saver dir had a file called imb00001.exe a varient of the old regload virus....

I have no problems with the screensaver on my two computers though, and I still think it's something else that's screwing her computer up, e.g. she already has a redirector bot (among others), so maybe it infects downloads as they occur even....

just a heads up, I'm pretty techy, bro-in-law is master of all things computer though....

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:14:02 PM EST
I'm on Symantec Corp 10.1 and I haven't seen anything.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:19:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
Got this from my bro-in-law who was trying to un-fuck my ma's computer that I recently put the screensaver onto..... He was convinced it was a virus from the screensaver that messed her computer up and just proved it:

laru screen saver dir had a file called imb00001.exe a varient of the old regload virus....

I have no problems with the screensaver on my two computers though, and I still think it's something else that's screwing her computer up, e.g. she already has a redirector bot (among others), so maybe it infects downloads as they occur even....

just a heads up, I'm pretty techy, bro-in-law is master of all things computer though....

|mbroglio srikes again!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:21:12 PM EST
Infact I don't have that file in the directory either.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 3:33:09 PM EST
i haven't seen a *.scr virus for a couple years now. but i guess its still possible

install this update it and do a full system scan.. it will work as a secondary antivirus. BUT without the real time monitoring
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 5:32:37 PM EST
height=8

Why don't you techie computer masters get your dear old mom a copy of Symantec Antivirus and Client Firewall? Throw on a copy of Windows Defender too while you're at it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:27:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By pogue:

Why don't you techie computer masters get your dear old mom a copy of Symantec Antivirus and Client Firewall? Throw on a copy of Windows Defender too while you're at it.

cause that costs money. and bro-in-law and son are free.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:33:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By pogue:

yeah norton will really protect them
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:59:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:12:04 AM EST
Norton is shit and has been since the buy out. I get more pc repairs because of norton than any other AV software.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:53:41 AM EST
Avira Antivir, Spybot - Search & Destroy, and Comodo Personal Firewall since she's running Windows.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:40:13 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:42:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By HRSGRUNNER:
The best free AV program there is

Yep, Avast! is an excellent program.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:44:06 AM EST
I prefer AVG Free but to each their own.
Top Top