Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2001 7:30:13 PM EDT
Last Saturday went out to the range.

Rifle: Remington PSS in .223, I wanted to try out several of my reloads and some Wolf Russian Ammo (copper jacketed). All shooting was from the bench at 100 yards. Slight breeze blowing. 65°F

Wolf Russian ammo groups were 3-4", group was left of aim point. Kind of sooty.

Tested my reloads. Sierra 55 gr softnose. Varget powder.
Mixed brass, PMC, Remington, LCC, Federal, Winchester.
Groups were in the 1 1/2 to 2".

Segregated the ammunition according to brass manufacture, groupd shrank to 3/4 - 1"

Tested one group using surplus FMJ, groups: 1 1/2 to 2" (segregated brass)

Conclusions:
Wolf ammunition is ok for plinking
Brass matters
FMJ bullets due to their construction and exposed lead base do not provide optimum accuracy.

And now the Leopold story. While screwing around with the scope one of the turret caps went AWOL. Searched everywhere. The range spirits demanded an offering and my cap was it.

Shot (pun intended) Leupold an e-mail requesting price and delivery on a new cap. Today I received an e-mail informing me that the cap was on its way! Can't beat this type of service.

Regards
ACK
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top