Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/23/2003 4:59:11 PM EDT
Is it legal to purchase and assemble in postban config? IOW can I get a Colt LEO lower without searblock and with small pins, then assemble in postban config? Later, after ban, reassemble in preban config? Just a thought. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:39:40 AM EDT
Colt semi LEO lowers have a sear block and big fire control pins, too.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:11:32 AM EDT
Right now, LEO means LEO. Come 14 sept 2004, when the ban sunsets (Sort of like points falling off your license after 3 years,... it's inevitable) you can own them, SINCE THE LAW NEVER TRULY EXISTED.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:21:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Circuits: Colt semi LEO lowers have a sear block and big fire control pins, too.
View Quote
Thanks, Circuits. You oughta know. I didn't think they did because last fall I got a Colt M4 parts kit which was taken off a LEO M4 carb. It had the small pins as the lower parts kit. Hmmm. Interesting. I guess I was wondering if I could get a lower from him as he was selling the lowers to PDs and selling the parts off as a kit. I know that the manufacturers will not sell me an LEO lower but I am unaware of any law against owning one as a civilian unless I put it into preban AW config.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:41:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:32:08 PM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: A lower can not be an assault weapon. It is a lower. It is the combination of features that make it an assault weapons.
View Quote
Unless it's a 'named' AW. A Colt with AR-15 in the model name is an assault weapon by name, regardless of features or state of assembly. A LEO-restricted marked Colt that's not an "AR-15" can have the features removed and be rendered post-ban compliant and non-LE possession legal. A LEO-restricted marked Colt with "AR-15" on it can never be rendered "post-ban compliant". Won't matter after the ban sunsets, of course.
Top Top