Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:46:41 AM EST
Bestbuy

The powers that be are moving me to a different area of the cube farm. For years I've been looking at a box that takes up about 4 sq ft of desk space, so I'm going to buy my own damn monitor. I know I want 19" and widescreen. The one that I linked has a HDMI input, so I always have the option of bringing it home and using it as a TV in the shitter if I want to. I didn't see anything on Newegg that I liked better than this one, and my Bestbuy is only a couple of minutes away from here.

So, are there any deals out there that are going to beat this one?

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:50:24 AM EST
OST and bump for interest. Looks like a very good deal to me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:50:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/5/2008 8:52:39 AM EST by rockstar4960]
yeah, you can beat that deal.

link
ETA:my bad, didnt see that one was HDMI
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:54:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/5/2008 8:55:19 AM EST by mjohn3006]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:01:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/5/2008 9:04:13 AM EST by Thatdude333]
HDMI is just DVI with sound.

So if you want to hook HDMI up to a monitor with just DVI inputs, you can get a $10 HDMI -> DVI cable from NewEgg and then use normal audio cables to hook up the audio.

Just saying...

Thats how I hook up my PC to my LCD tv, but in reverse... I use a DVI out on my PC to an HDMI in on the TV, then run audio separately.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:14:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By Thatdude333:
HDMI is just DVI with sound.

So if you want to hook HDMI up to a monitor with just DVI inputs, you can get a $10 HDMI -> DVI cable from NewEgg and then use normal audio cables to hook up the audio.

Just saying...

Thats how I hook up my PC to my LCD tv, but in reverse... I use a DVI out on my PC to an HDMI in on the TV, then run audio separately.

Its also an extra cable/adapter. If I do wallmount this thing later in front of my crapper, I'll just need a power cable and a little tiny HDMI cable. With the DVI adapter I'd have a thicker cable and then have to run audio somewhere else. I'm not that concerned with the sound quality of my future bathroom TV, it will be off of my bar/theater area.
Top Top