Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:46:41 AM EDT
Bestbuy

The powers that be are moving me to a different area of the cube farm.  For years I've been looking at a box that takes up about 4 sq ft of desk space, so I'm going to buy my own damn monitor.  I know I want 19" and widescreen.  The one that I linked has a HDMI input, so I always have the option of bringing it home and using it as a TV in the shitter if I want to.  I didn't see anything on Newegg that I liked better than this one, and my Bestbuy is only a couple of minutes away from here.

So, are there any deals out there that are going to beat this one?

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
OST and bump for interest.  Looks like a very good deal to me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah, you can beat that deal.

link
ETA:my bad, didnt see that one was HDMI
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#4]
HDMI is just DVI with sound.

So if you want to hook HDMI up to a monitor with just DVI inputs, you can get a $10 HDMI -> DVI cable from NewEgg and then use normal audio cables to hook up the audio.

Just saying...

Thats how I hook up my PC to my LCD tv, but in reverse... I use a DVI out on my PC to an HDMI in on the TV, then run audio separately.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HDMI is just DVI with sound.

So if you want to hook HDMI up to a monitor with just DVI inputs, you can get a $10 HDMI -> DVI cable from NewEgg and then use normal audio cables to hook up the audio.

Just saying...

Thats how I hook up my PC to my LCD tv, but in reverse... I use a DVI out on my PC to an HDMI in on the TV, then run audio separately.

Its also an extra cable/adapter.  If I do wallmount this thing later in front of my crapper, I'll just need a power cable and a little tiny HDMI cable.  With the DVI adapter I'd have a thicker cable and then have to run audio somewhere else.  I'm not that concerned with the sound quality of my future bathroom TV, it will be off of my bar/theater area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top