Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 11:01:28 AM EDT
If any of you have had the privelage to listen to this guy, you would enjoy his show. He has been a Libertarian for many years and as of a week ago Friday, he changed his political status from "Decline to state" to "Republican"

I like to listen to Larry Elder because he sugar coats NOTHING! When having high political figures on his show he calls them to the carpet on issues he feels they are wrong on.

one example is that he had former LA police chief Bernard Parks on the issue of gun control and smart gun technology. When Parks said that police officers were going to be exempt from "smart guns" , Larry asked "why?"

Parks said because it would be too much of a risk, Larry asked why doesnt that risk apply to the average citizen? Parks had NO ANSWER.

Elder has been on a mission to get Michael Moore on his show for quite some time as well as Maxine Waters. They both still lack the spine to show up.

Rumor also has it that if RecallGrayDavis succeeds, Elder MAY throw his hat in the ring for governor of the state of California.

Larry Elder is a STAUNCH supporter of RKBA and would be a GREAT spokesman on our side. He is also a lawyer so the man LOVES to argue and not budge from his views.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Been listening to him for years on talk radio.

Great guy and he doesn't back down from NOBODY.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
i read a book by him called

"10 things you can't say in america"

i like him

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i like him

View Quote

I read that one too. However I see his opponents are going to attack him since he wrote that chapter "Republicans and Democrats: About a dimes worth of difference"
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i like him

View Quote

I read that one too. However I see his opponents are going to attack him since he wrote that chapter "Republicans and Democrats: About a dimes worth of difference"
View Quote
They can attack all they want, but in the last few years since the book was published the difference has grown to about 25¢.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i like him

View Quote

View Quote
They can attack all they want, but in the last few years since the book was published the difference has grown to about 25¢.
View Quote

particularly with guys like him joining the party

good trend

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
He can do nothing for the Republican Party but make it stronger and get more to our side.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Good riddance!

He obviously fails to comprehend the greatness our nation would rise to with a Libertarian in charge, open borders and millions of Mexican immigrants selling their homegrown pot to our children working in the coal mines.

Sellout!

Clearly he's not intelligent enough to realize that the lesser of three evils is utopia.

P.S. Harry Browne for President! (don't ask who's gonna be Defense Secretary, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs or Secretary of State - but they'll all be just as strong and wise as Harry Browne of course)

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:36:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd never heard of Larry Elder until I read his book "The 10 things you can't say in America".  Outstanding book!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:12:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Chalk me up as another American who is ready to declare himself a Republican. I have identified myself as Libertarian first and foremost for ten + years. The Libertarian party has had its problems, but their recent actions were absolutely unprincipled and shameful with regard to Iraq. F* 'em.

Adam
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Chalk me up as another American who is ready to declare himself a Republican. I have identified myself as Libertarian first and foremost for ten + years. The Libertarian party has had its problems, but their recent actions were absolutely unprincipled and shameful with regard to Iraq. F* 'em.

Adam
View Quote

What did they (Libertarians) do with regards to Iraq?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adam
View Quote

What did they (Libertarians) do with regards to Iraq?
View Quote

They regurgitated all of the leftist, "useful idiot" anti-war BS that was coming from the more left-leaning sector. They essentially blamed the US for even being a terrorist target.

I guess they would rather have us live a pre-indistrial revolution existence and be completely isolated from the world - to include trade-wise.

The libertarian party used to be all about freeing up restrictions on international trade, perhaps they still are. But, if they cannot recognize the validity of using our armed forces to protect our interests both overseas AND domestically (after all, the event that started all of this was a terrorist attack ON OUR SOIL), then they have lost all credibility with ME.

There had been other, smaller things in the past - such as a very poorly researched Reason magazine article right after the whole Elian Gonzales dabacle. The Libertarian party's recent anti-war stance clinched it for me though.

I am now a Republican, though I am leary of the parties connections with the "religious right" (though I have had no issues with anything Bush has done in that regard) and have very liberal perspectives on immigration and drugs.

Philosophically, I still consider myself an objectivist.

Adam
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been listening to Larry Elder for many years, and I read his book. I wonder if his views on privatization have changed with his party affiliation? I doubt it. I think he'll be considered a "Ron Paul" Republican, if ya know what I mean.

Quoted:
He obviously fails to comprehend the greatness our nation would rise to with a Libertarian in charge, open borders and millions of Mexican immigrants selling their homegrown pot to our children working in the coal mines.
View Quote

That's greatness? Are you being facetious?
View Quote
Yes, he's being facetious. [;)]
View Quote
Hey now! [stick]

Don't you go putting words in my mouth [b]DF[/b]!

I think if anyone's gonna tell anyone else what my motivation was for my post it would be ME!

Understand!? [:(!]

Now... to answer your question [b]Big_Bear[/b] - Yes, I was being facetious. [:)]

[:D]

just funnin with ya' [b]DF[/b]!

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mac - you can put words in my mouth one time in revenge for that [:D]
View Quote

[i]{Mental note to self. Evil grin. Hand wringing.}[/i]

[b]MUUHAAHAAHAAHAAA!!!... [devil][/b]

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He can do nothing for the Republican Party but make it stronger and get more to our side.
View Quote

[^]
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:22:40 AM EDT
[#20]
I have been listening to Larry for years and he doesn't put up with the liberal crap.

And he ALWAYS supports the 2nd Amendment.

Read his book, "The ten things you can't say in America" and you will know where he is coming from. This book should be required reading for everyone. Reading the book is just like listening to him on the radio. By the way, his radio show is now nationwide...3-7 PM Calif time. He would get things done properly in Calif. I can't think of a better person to be governor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mac - you can put words in my mouth one time in revenge for that [:D]
View Quote

[i]{Mental note to self. Evil grin. Hand wringing.}[/i]

[b]MUUHAAHAAHAAHAAA!!!... [devil][/b]

View Quote

Mac, when you do that, make sure it says so in the Topic Title! [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top