Posted: 10/17/2004 2:03:43 AM EDT
abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/101604_nwAP_homeland_guns.html

Forgot he had a gun... now has none.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:42:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Remember he wasn't a sworn officer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
What would happen if a civilian had an unregistered firearm.... I dont know Kali law, but I have a feeling he wouldnt be allowed to just continue on his way.
Anyone know Kali's status for registering?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:03:05 AM EDT
[#3]
LAPD's Homeland Security Chief Gives Up His Guns
LOS ANGELES — The LAPD's anti-terrorism chief is no longer strapped.

John Miller has turned in the unlicensed handgun that airport baggage screeners found in his carry-on luggage last month -- as well as a second, licensed handgun. He also turned in his emergency-equipped SUV.

Police spokeswoman Sergeant Catherine Plows said Miller turned over the guns voluntarily.

Miller was on his way to New York when the gun was found. He said he'd forgotten he had the weapon with him, and was allowed to board his flight.

The Police Department had issued Miller the .38-caliber Smith & Wesson but never registered it as a result of what officials later said was a paperwork glitch. His other department-issued gun, a nine-milimeter Beretta, was registered.

my my, thats a convenient administration error.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What would happen if a civilian had an unregistered firearm.... I dont know Kali law, but I have a feeling he wouldnt be allowed to just continue on his way.
Anyone know Kali's status for registering?

My take on this, if he had been a "good boy," he would've been fined and released. Now, if he had "priors" he would have pleaded or convicted of a felony, maybe with or without jail time. In this case, as professional courtesey, the LAPD would let him go but take away his weapon and get a slap on the wrist to not do it again. "The rules are never fair, and the playing field is never level."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top