Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 7:20:46 AM EDT
Chuck Shepherd's News of the Weird (.822)

WEEK OF NOVEMBER 9, 2003

LEAD STORY

In October, West Point, Ky., hosted 12,000 visitors for the weekend Knob Creek Gun Range Machine Gun Shoot, billed as the nation's largest, with a separate competition for flame-throwers. Especially coveted is "The Line," where 60 people (waiting list is 10 years long to be admitted) get to fire their machine guns into a field of cars and boats, and during which a shooter might run through $10,000 in ammunition. Among the champions: Samantha Sawyer, 16, the top women's submachine gunner for the last four years. One man interviewed by the Louisville Courier-Journal said he met his wife at a previous Shoot, knowing that "if she could accept flame-throwing as a hobby, she could accept anything." Said another: "This is one of those times when you know this (the U.S.) is the greatest place on Earth." [Courier-Journal, 10-19-03]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#1]
That crap is mainly published in leftist liberal rags. They print it in whatever context gets the best shock value.

I'm ashamed that you read that drivel, now go wash your eyes out with soap [;D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#2]
pale_pony
 11/28/2003 11:34:35 AM

That crap is mainly published in leftist liberal rags. They print it in whatever context gets the best shock value.

I'm ashamed that you read that drivel, now go wash your eyes out with soap  

------------------------------------------

Pony boy,  I only wish I'd been to Knob Creek.
I agree that it shows the US is the greatest place on Earth.  Dont you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#3]
i say again, media sucks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top