Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:30:43 PM EDT
Flying from South Florida to Louisville with my 7yo son for 4 days 3 at the Creek, got a hotel for a good price, gonna take my boy to see The Patton Museum and the Louisville slugger factory also. I hope to see the Great Troy Sellars from InRange still waiting for the hardware for my folding conversion. Tannerite and 50cals and GE minigus, oh my! If you see a short skinny guy wearing an InRange Tand with a 7yo say hello. My heart is beating with all the fun I am gonna have
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just there this morning reminding myself what the place looks like before tens of thousands of people pack in there. Parked right by the front door Can't wait for the shoot!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Il be there.  Will be my first time, going with friends who have been there hundreds of times.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be there. Knob Creek is a hoot.
How about we do an ARFCOM net on FRS channel 8?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#4]
channel 8 FRS the same on GMRS?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Flying from South Florida to Louisville with my 7yo son for 4 days 3 at the Creek, got a hotel for a good price, gonna take my boy to see The Patton Museum and the Louisville slugger factory also. I hope to see the Great Troy Sellars from InRange still waiting for the hardware for my folding conversion. Tannerite and 50cals and GE minigus, oh my! If you see a short skinny guy wearing an InRange Tand with a 7yo say hello. My heart is beating with all the fun I am gonna have

Welcome to Louisville! You may want to head over to the Frazier Firearms Museum. It's very close to the Lou. Slugger Museum/factory. I have not been down to it yet but have heard good things about it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully this October I'll make it, but this time doesn't look good at all...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to Louisville! You may want to head over to the Frazier Firearms Museum. It's very close to the Lou. Slugger Museum/factory. I have not been down to it yet but have heard good things about it.

Ironically, the weapons museum will not let you carry a CCDW weapon inside.

I am going either Friday or Saturday morning but am not sure which just yet.

Bob
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

gonna google the address, thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Going in April!!!

Myself and probably 4 or 5 friends will make the trek.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ironically, the weapons museum will not let you carry a CCDW weapon inside.

I am going either Friday or Saturday morning but am not sure which just yet.

Bob

As with past shows the tables can be perused best on Friday, BTW it closes about 9PM and its not so crowded that day, Saturday night's shoot is the best with the blinding explosions and the tracer rounds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Giddyup
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe Saturday - Friday is Keeneland!  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I was planning on going.

I was informed last week by my company I will have to work in NC on the 8th and 9th. Will be traveling on the 7th, so it looks like I'll miss it.

Mabye next time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#14]
What time should one be at the main range to get a good view for the night shoot?  I've been to the show once during the day and it look liked like there was very limited seating and standing room.  I have friends driving down from Detroit to watch so I want to make sure they get a good view.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What time should one be at the main range to get a good view for the night shoot?  I've been to the show once during the day and it look liked like there was very limited seating and standing room.  I have friends driving down from Detroit to watch so I want to make sure they get a good view.

www.machinegunshoot.com I stand corrected the gun show closesat 8PM, the night shoot starts at 5PM saturday till 10PM.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.machinegunshoot.com I stand corrected the gun show closesat 8PM, the night shoot starts at 5PM saturday till 10PM.

From what I could tell the year I went there was seating for maybe a couple hundred while I hear thousands attend.  If the night shoot starts at 5pm but it doesn't get dark until 7pm does that mean we need to find a seat around 3pm to get a good view?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I could tell the year I went there was seating for maybe a couple hundred while I hear thousands attend.  If the night shoot starts at 5pm but it doesn't get dark until 7pm does that mean we need to find a seat around 3pm to get a good view?

If i was driving I would bring my own chairs
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I gotta work! Maybe OCT.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#19]
bumped
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#20]
wishful thinking checking in
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#21]
bumped
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Checking in myself..This will be my first visit..Will there be many vendors or people selling
stuff..Being from Ohio, I guess any gun purchases are done only with transfer right??Please
inform me what to expect.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll be there next Saturday, I'll be wearing a black hooded AR15.com team Indiana sweat shirt and a Nike hat. Please don't kick me in the sack, a simple hello will do.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:46:01 AM EDT
[#24]
bumped
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:18:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll be there Saturday.  I'll be wearing a gray Mesa Tactical t-shirt and green Tactical Tailor hat.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Checking in myself..This will be my first visit..Will there be many vendors or people selling
stuff..Being from Ohio, I guess any gun purchases are done only with transfer right??Please
inform me what to expect.

Lots of Class3 from a lotta states, longarms like any gun show, handguns FFL to FFL if outta state.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'll be there Saturday.  I'll be wearing a gray Mesa Tactical t-shirt and green Tactical Tailor hat.

Will be easy to spot you in the crowd.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:54:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#29]
It is supposed to rain Friday evening...business as usual at the creek.
It rained most of Thursday. Fairly big storms coming Friday evening. Mid 50's Saturday and Sunday with mild wind.

I will be there tomorrow around noon or so.

Bob
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#30]
We just cancelled our trip because one of our guys couldn't get off of work and the other guy decided he was going to NY to try to get some pie.

We were too cheap to split gas and camp site cost two ways.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Drizzling miserable day here in SDF, well get ready for muddy shoes but I am going, rain or no rain, I came this far, no turning back, took my son to see the Louisville Slugger Factory, awesome, it sure feels good being back in the USA, only kidding
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#32]
What a blast! The 1500 shoot saturday was smoking as was the night shoot, saw a Krink SBR built on a American recr for just $1200 at Jeffs Shooters Supply, think I might buy another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top