Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2001 12:15:28 PM EDT
I obviously know how to replace the handguards on any standard AR. Just a matter of "Delta Ring Dexterity". My question is regarding the Knights RAS set-up. NOT the RIS.

The RAS comes in 2 halves, like most standard handguards. Other than slipping the delta ring down to fit the handguard, what else is involved with RAS installation? Any special tools needed? I realize there's a few attachment points other than the delta ring part. What exactly are those, and how easily is an install accomplished? Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
there is an inner arm at the rear upper section of the ras.  remove screw and allow arm to drop under the front of the delta ring.  install front and rear of upper as normal - carefull not to scratch the delta ring and then install screw and tighten.  be sure that front is tight up against front sight post.  install lower front first and again take care not to scratch the delta ring

steve
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 8:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What Steve said.  You use an allen wrench to do it.  I forget the size tho.  The bottom part goes on like regular hand guards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top