Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 7:38:01 PM EDT
I am a KY resident and have had a CCDW permit for several years. I carry a concealed handgun(s), a fixed blade fighting knife, and an auto opening folder everyday here in the Bluegrass State. Unfortunately, my job requires me to travel to IL a couple times a month. As you undoubtedly know, the government of the state of IL feels that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to humans. When traveling in IL, the law requires that my handgun be encases in such a manner that it would be unusable in a self defense situation.

I am sure that there are also some ridiculous laws prohibiting me from carrying my large fixed blades and auto in IL.

Since I find a ball point pen to be a less than satisfactory weapon, I would like to know what type of blade I can carry in your state. I have everything from 5" folders to 3" fixed blades. A decent sized fixed blade in a strong side IWB sheath would be nice, but is it legal? What are the blade length/requirements in IL?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I think 3" and no fixed blade
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think 3" and no fixed blade

Are you serious? Sheesh, a sub 3" folder? Maybe a ball point pen would be a better weapon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Not 100% shure about the fix blade.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad I work in Missouri and have a Florida permit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
3" I belive.  I have a 3" folder and live in WI.  Works in both states.  I'm sorry some of you don't like the fixed blades and I also feel it is stupid my Carson M16 3" blade is very fast and very secure though.  I can recommend them and cold steel is now my best friends blade.  VERY good blades that have stood up very well for self defense needs.  Not as durable as a fixed obviously but very good.

sorry for any confusion.  but knives are good to go tonight, I lock the guns up when I'm drinking
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top