Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 1:22:10 PM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,88576,00.html[/url]

CONCORD, N.H. — A convicted killer and two other inmates escaped from a state prison on a busy street Wednesday by cutting through two fences.

The prison was locked down and armed officers went door to door through nearby neighborhoods. State police and National Guard helicopters joined the search.

Officials said it was the first escape in at least a decade from the medium-security area of the prison, north of downtown.

The men cut through two perimeter fences, said state police Maj. Barry Hunter. He did not say how they cut the fences, at least one of which is topped by razor wire.

The inmates were identified as Kevin Gil, Philip J. Dick, and Christopher McNeil.

Gil, 31, was sentenced in 2001 to 45 years to life after pleading guilty to stabbing a man to death in a motel room in 2000.

Dick, 23, was serving 15 to 30 years for attempted murder of police officers during a 1999 shootout.

McNeil, 35, was imprisoned for parole violations on drug convictions and other crimes. State police said he was sentenced to 35 years in prison in 1994.

Corrections Department spokesman Jeff Lyons said another inmate tried to climb over one of the razor-wire fences in the early 1990s but was cut badly and caught

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What the hell were they doing in a medium security prison?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Gil, 31, was sentenced in 2001 to 45 years to life after pleading guilty to stabbing a man to death in a motel room in 2000.

Dick, 23, was serving 15 to 30 years for attempted murder of police officers during a 1999 shootout.
View Quote

Woha! Wait a minute! WTF are guys like this doing in MEDIUM security? The first guy should be on death row, the second should be in for LIFE. This third guy:
McNeil, 35, was imprisoned for parole violations on drug convictions and other crimes. State police said he was sentenced to 35 years in prison in 1994
View Quote

is the only one who had any business in a medium security facility. Do they have a prison space problem up there? You know there are pleanty of places in Texas that will rent space for them.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You know there are pleanty of places in Texas that will rent space for them.
View Quote

Thats what I love about Texas, there are cells opening up all the time! [;)]

(And I hope this trend does not stop)
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, you're just FULLlllllll of good news.  

Guess I should have watched the news today.  I'm on the other side of town, but needless to say, the Ithaca came out of the closet, and is now sitting on the dining room table behind me.

Guess I'll have to call my best bud.  He works there as a counselor/teacher.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

45 years to life for admitting to stabbing a man to death. Why not just execute this guy?

View Quote

Why not just make it an even 30 years, 15 for each officer he tried to murder.

McNeil, 35, was imprisoned for parole violations on drug convictions and other crimes. State police said he was sentenced to 35 years in prison in 1994.
View Quote

This is what does not make sense, this guy who is obviously a drug addict, get's more time that the guy who tries to kill 2 police officers.

Sorry for the partial hi-jack.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what does not make sense, this guy who is obviously a drug addict, get's more time that the guy who tries to kill 2 police officers....
View Quote

The phrase “other crimes” raises a whole lot of possibilities!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what does not make sense, this guy who is obviously a drug addict, get's more time that the guy who tries to kill 2 police officers....
View Quote

The phrase “other crimes” raises a whole lot of possibilities!!  [:D]
View Quote

Read between the lines, don't you think if they were serious crimes they would be listed? Lets see......

View Quote

So he was on parole probably from prior non-violent drug convictions and was violated for drug charges, I'd be willing to bet the "other crimes" were the 3 grams of pot, the pot pipe and D.U.I. charges that they dropped in light of the gram of cocaine he had on him for personal use.

And he get's 35 YEARS.......THAT'S 35 YEARS in prison for that????? The guy who attempted to murder two police officers gets less time???

Come on [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]
What the hell ever happened to the state motto, "Live free or die"?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet!  I'm working right next to Concord this week![sniper]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi All:
 They caught them at a campground in Mass.
about 100 miles from Concord, NH this morning.
 Fortunately for them they quietly surrendered
without incident. Upon being advised by bull-horn that they were surrounded by about 50 officers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top