Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:38:46 AM EDT
I was on the way out the door this morning and my cute little 3 yr old girl gives me a big hug, a kiss on the cheek, and then looks me in the eyes and says "make sure you take your pistol in case you need to shoot any bad guys today, okay?"  (FWIW, I'm not LEO, but a lowly IT geek).  I assured her I had a couple with me and headed out, but it just struck me as funny.

I can't wait for my not-so-gun-friendly in-laws to get here this weekend so they can hear this sort of thing for the next week from my kids.  I know they will hear it at some point b/c all of my kids say something like that at one time or another during the week.  It's just a normal thing to talk about/ask at this point in their lives.

Hey... at least my kids are learning that a firearm is something that's to be used for defense of one's life and not something to be demonized.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Your parenting skills are impressive.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Awesome.

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
This morning my son told me, "If you run into any bad guys, make sure to blade at 45 degrees and disengage."
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks, but I've got pretty good kids with a decent head on their shoulders (so far).  My 6 yr old son has shot my 16" AR a few times with the can on it.  My 5 yr old son has shot my P22 (with my help) a few times, and both of them can't wait to start going hunting with me.  I've got a .22 Chipmunk in the closet for the 6 yr old to start shooting soon, but I need to get an optic for it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Excellent story!  

CMOS
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Thats funny. My 7 yr old daughter and my 4 yr old son do the same thing with me every morning.

One or both will remind me the following:

1 - remember your gun daddy, in case there are bad guys
2 - don't forget your kife daddy
3 - get your wallet daddy
4 - remember to get your lunch
5 - don't forget your coffee

Makes you feel like you are really doing something right

And yes, you are right, the inlaws HATE it

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I love it.
Sounds like youre doing an excellent job in raising them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thats funny. My 7 yr old daughter and my 4 yr old son do the same thing with me every morning.

I just wonder what the first guy my daughter brings home is going to do/say when I (hopefully) show him a torso targets with two nice holes punched in the head and chest and say "she did this, so act accordingly."  I can't imagine any boy being stupid enough to do anything with a girl who can do that, much less has a father who has taught her to do that and shoots, too.

I intend for all my kids to be proficient with firearms and know when to use them to protect themselves and their loved ones.  One of these days I hope to build an AR for each of them, including my little girl (in pink, of course).  With 4 kids, though... that's a bit of $$ to get together.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, but I've got pretty good kids with a decent head on their shoulders (so far).  My 6 yr old son has shot my 16" AR a few times with the can on it.  My 5 yr old son has shot my P22 (with my help) a few times, and both of them can't wait to start going hunting with me.  I've got a .22 Chipmunk in the closet for the 6 yr old to start shooting soon, but I need to get an optic for it.

Sounds like my boys, 6 year old twins.  I take them shooting as often as I can.  Both have shot my ARs and AKs, and various pistols (all with my help).  I have a 10/22 that is theirs and that they love to shoot, just need to work on their aim a bit, although it is probably better than their aim at the toilet.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just wonder what the first guy my daughter brings home is going to do/say when I (hopefully) show him a torso targets with two nice holes punched in the head and chest and say "she did this, so act accordingly."  I can't imagine any boy being stupid enough to do anything with a girl who can do that, much less has a father who has taught her to do that and shoots, too.

I intend for all my kids to be proficient with firearms and know when to use them to protect themselves and their loved ones.  One of these days I hope to build an AR for each of them, including my little girl (in pink, of course).  With 4 kids, though... that's a bit of $$ to get together.

Meh, just buy the stripped receivers now.  You can build them as you go.

CMOS  
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i30.tinypic.com/2w33zar.jpg
My very thought!

Anybody with a copy of his book around?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top