Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 10:14:07 PM EDT
Kids Face Attempted Murder Charges After Milk Poisoned
September 21, 2005
www.foxreno.com/news/5000455/detail.html
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. -- Two girls were charged with attempted murder Tuesday after authorities said they put rat poison into milk cartons of two fellow students.

Stephanie Quesnoy, 12, and Holley Sweeney, 13, both of Lakeview, were being held at a juvenile detention facility in Klamath Falls.

"The investigation reveals there was some premeditation and thought before the act," said Lake County District Attorney David Schutt. "It wasn't a spur of the moment event."

The girls are accused of putting rat poison in the milk cartons of two other girls during the lunch hour Monday at Daly Middle School, authorities said. Although the girls attend Daly, they eat lunch in the Lakeview High School cafeteria.

Daly Middle School has 120 students in seventh and eight grades, and 14 teachers.

At about 1 p.m. Monday, Daly's principal, Lane Stratton, notified the Lakeview police about an unidentified substance found floating in two milk cartons.

Schutt said green, crystalline pellets of rat poison were found in the cartons.

"It wasn't until they finished their milk that they saw it at the bottom," he said. "I don't think it had time to work it's way into the milk."

The two victims and one of the suspects - who may have gotten some of the poison in her own milk - were evaluated at Lake District Hospital and released, Schutt said.

A hearing was scheduled Monday before Lake County Circuit Judge Lane Simpson.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
What the fuck ever happened to the joys of "Whoopie Cusions?"

Rat Poison??? at 12 YEARS OLD???

Society + Hell + Handbasket
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
It seems like once they reach 10 years old these days they are capable of anything.........
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I can only hope that they were young enough to be stupid enough to think that rat posin isn't potentially deadly. Hopefully they were only trying to make the other girls throw up or something, not realizing that rat poisin is, indeed, rather lethal.

Hopefully.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Something similar happened here last spring. Two 12yo girls baked a cake and took it to school. They were allowed to serve it to classmates. They had added a mixture of household chemicals, I forget what all was in it. Several of the kids became ill. This was at a suburban, supposedly "good", school.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#5]
More crime by kids, maybe if they start being charged as adults for adult crimes this will stop

GAL BATTERED IN S.I. 'BIAS' ASSAULT
By ANGELINA CAPPIELLO and JOHN MAZOR
www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/53958.htm
September 24, 2005 -- A Staten Island girl may lose her sight in one eye after being viciously assaulted by five students in an apparent racial attack, cops said yesterday.
The girl, Christina Kenny, is white. Her assailants — four girls and a boy — are black.

Kenny, 13, an eighth-grade honors student at IS 27, said she was walking home after school Thursday when the assailants, ages 13 to 15, approached her about a block from her house on Delafield Avenue.

One of the teens allegedly said to her, "Do you know who I am?"

"I said I didn't — then she punched me in my face," Kenny said.

She said she was held down as another girl beat her with a bottle until it broke over her eye.

"They kept kicking me and punching me saying, 'You're a white bitch, you think you're so pretty,' " Kenny said.

She said the girls ripped out her hair and stepped on her ribs.

The attackers fled after an adult intervened, but not before the boy allegedly kicked Kenny in the head and neck.

Doctors say Kenny may have suffered a detached left retina and may lose sight in that eye.

Cops said the four girls involved in the attack have been arrested. Two of the girls are twin sisters, a source said.

"I personally hope they're expelled," said James Kenny, Christina's father. "These girls are animals. I also blame the parents."
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
More crime by kids, maybe if they start being charged as adults for adult crimes this will stop

By ANGELINA CAPPIELLO and JOHN MAZOR
www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/53958.htm
September 24, 2005 -- A Staten Island girl may lose her sight in one eye after being viciously assaulted by five students in an apparent racial attack, cops said yesterday.
The girl, Christina Kenny, is white. Her assailants — four girls and a boy — are black.

Kenny, 13, an eighth-grade honors student at IS 27, said she was walking home after school Thursday when the assailants, ages 13 to 15, approached her about a block from her house on Delafield Avenue.

One of the teens allegedly said to her, "Do you know who I am?"

"I said I didn't — then she punched me in my face," Kenny said.

She said she was held down as another girl beat her with a bottle until it broke over her eye.

"They kept kicking me and punching me saying, 'You're a white bitch, you think you're so pretty,' " Kenny said.

She said the girls ripped out her hair and stepped on her ribs.

The attackers fled after an adult intervened, but not before the boy allegedly kicked Kenny in the head and neck.

Doctors say Kenny may have suffered a detached left retina and may lose sight in that eye.

Cops said the four girls involved in the attack have been arrested. Two of the girls are twin sisters, a source said.

"I personally hope they're expelled," said James Kenny, Christina's father. "These girls are animals. I also blame the parents."

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Some asskicking needs to take place.

Pardon my language.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
In my high school in the late 80's we had a student sneak in an acid tab to a teacher.

She was tried and convicted.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[

If I walked up on that a that, those kids would have been ventilated by my 1911.

oh flame me
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
In my high school in the late 80's we had a student sneak in an acid tab to a teacher.

What was the method of delivery and what were the effects?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was the method of delivery and what were the effects?

In his coffee, he thought he was having a heart attack, left the classroom, drove himself to the hospital.

She did time.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#12]
They will get off with a slap on the wrist.  The parents will say they are too young to know the outcome of their actions.  They will argue the kids thought it might make the kids shit their pants or something.  Keep up posted on the outcome.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I seem to remember when I was a freshie in High school there was an incident at another high school in a town southeast of me.  Kid put some paint thinner(or something to that effect) in his auto body teacher's can of Coke.  Got the auto body teacher in the hospital.

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They will get off with a slap on the wrist.  The parents will say they are too young to know the outcome of their actions.  They will argue the kids thought it might make the kids shit their pants or something.  Keep up posted on the outcome.

There is also another article halfway down about a four-on-one assault by teens.........
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Something similar happened here last spring. Two 12yo girls baked a cake and took it to school. They were allowed to serve it to classmates. They had added a mixture of household chemicals, I forget what all was in it. Several of the kids became ill. This was at a suburban, supposedly "good", school.

The rich suburban schools hide the worst problems.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
This is why I will live on Ramen noodles for 12 years to afford to send my kids to Catholic school.  They ain't perfect schools, but they are a helluva lot better than the alternatives.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If I walked up on that a that, those kids would have been ventilated by my 1911.

+1 and legal in TX.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

oh flame me

M-F----er!!!!!  I thought the same thing and felt just as guilty.  I WOULD STILL DO IT.

Beating her with a bottle!!!  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Now just why the fuck isn't this labeled as a so-called 'hate crime'??

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because that would be racist? Heh
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because that would be racist? Heh

Yeah, no shiite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top