Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2001 1:03:05 PM EDT
Does anybody else have to watch these daily?  Cat-Dog...Cat-Dog... or SpongeBob Squarepants...SpongeBob Squarepants... (I know some of you know the tunes to these, YOU know who you are.)  Man I hate these shows.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I still cringe at the sound of "skinamarinky-dinky-dink, skinamarinky-do..."
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO!

I hear that one every morning!  Comes on TLC or Discovery (can't remember which).

Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#3]
They haven't made any decent cartoons since Johnny Quest went off the air back in the '60s.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They haven't made any decent cartoons since Johnny Quest went off the air back in the '60s.
View Quote

Dr. Quest
Johnny
Race Bannon
Hadji
Bandit
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't remember them, I grew up on Scooby, Superfriends, and PlasticMan.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I kinda like the powerpuff girls and the Wild Thornberries.  And Dexters lab is ok.

Cat-dog, spongebob and ed,edd & eddy really get on my nerves though.

I saw a "Speed Racer" for the first time in 20 years.  That guy was my hero.  Now I see him and all I can think is.... My God he's a wuss.  And what's with the crappy animation.  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Caught a great SpongeBob my 6 year old was watching.
Patrick  "I learned a new word. Beep"
SB "That word is a sentence enhancer. You use it when you want to enhance what you are saying."
Pat  "Like how the fbeep are you"
SB  " That's right. Have a Fbeeping good day"

The whole show was like that till the end when they got in trouble

My daughter could not understand why dad was laughing so much. Had to tell the wife. I don't curse I use sentence enhancers.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Sponge Bob is #1   [0j]    [uzi]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
The Original Japanese Sailor moon series not the american edited to death filth

and DBZ and DB originals of course :)

i wish they would bring back Robotech and Transformers!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Still a die hard Looney Tunes fan, and enjoyed Animaniacs as well.

Lately, I got sucked into (shudder) Powerpuff Girls (Don't ask me, I don't even understand why) and Ed, Edd, and Eddy.

Still miss Ren and Stimpy (the early days), but still have Stimpy for a license plate, not to mention tattooed on my arm with Kevlar helmet, flak vest, and M-60.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#14]
 The best are Looney tunes of course .
 Fog Horn Leg Horn is my favorite .
" This is gonna cause more commutation than a mouse at a burlesque show "

Courage the cowardly dog is very good and I like Catdog , Sponge Bob is okay but I hate Ed Edd and Eddy . Don't care much for Scooby doo either .
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#15]
ROBOTECH
STARBLAZERS
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#16]
No one is showing Robotech right now, but its back on sale on video and DVD for the first time in about ten years..

I am really pissed that Cartoon Network pulled Mobile Suit Gundam and the 08th MS Platoon from the air "out of sensitivity to the victims of the national tragedy".[rolleyes]

Supposedly they are going to start again sometime in October.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Make me the second person who does like Scooby Doo- just never cared much about it.  On the other hands, I always like to watch the Gundams.  Macross or Robotech is another one, too bad there was anything like these when I was younger.  The transformer was really, really a terrible creation.  I preferred Japanese animation/version the most.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh Sweet Lord, it's the Elephant Show song.  I thought I suppressed old, disturbing memories of that years ago...but you just HAD to come and bring that up!  That show is still airing??!

As for me, there's only one true "kids" cartoon worth watching anymore, despite it's overly sensitive editing, writing, and producing in the U.S.
[img]www.auburn.edu/~littlcb/vegeta1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Ahh... Pink Panther and my all time favorite has gotta be Roadrunner.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey guys, I know it's not a cartoon but anyone out there remember Saturday morning with Howdy Doody, Buffalo Bob and Clarabel the Clown?
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:49:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Did someone say STARBLAZERS!! i havent seen that in years and i loved it!  and how could you not like spongebob? all the rest are pretty nerve racking except the new time squad..that is one funny trio.  check it out!

armed[whacko]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#24]
The Power Puff Girls is a most exellent toon.
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:07:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Anybody remember these guys?
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/037/wy/It/mO/Bm18817.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/7303/[/url]

[i] They call me yuck mouth, Cause' I don't brush...Howz about a little kiss.... I've got some beef in my teeth and some chicken too... OOOH! a cavity.  HEY that's new....[/i]

Found that surfing,
Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:25:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 4:47:14 AM EDT
[#27]
When I was younger I watched G.I. Joe religously. I had every friggin' action figure and vehicle that I possibly could get.

Also love the Simpsons.

Alex
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:00:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When I was younger I watched G.I. Joe religously. I had every friggin' action figure and vehicle that I possibly could get.

Alex
View Quote

[img]http://www.kryptonsite.com/joeimage1.jpg[/img]

The "Swivel arm action grip" was the best thing since sliced bread.

Kiwi
Link Posted: 9/29/2001 5:05:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For the Johnny Quest guys:

My imitation of the generic bad guy falling off of the generic pile of crates after a hit from the generic laser beam:

[b]"HAAAI-EEEEEEEEE!!!!!"[/b]

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen...

Semper Fi!

Ken Little
View Quote

WELL DONE! ENCORE! ENCORE!

I have all the Jonny Quest episodes on VHS (thank you ebay) and my five year old just loves them.

Does anyone remember the episode with the giant flying pterodactyl called Turue? When Dr. Quest, Race, Jonny and Hadji go up the Amazon river to investigate by boat, they are attacked by giant crocodiles and guess what? Race hands Jonny and Hadji M-14's to blast away at the crocs!

I don't think you'll see that in the flaky stuff they pass off as cartoons today. But I will stop whatever I'm doing to watch the Simpson's.

Ramjet out.
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

could get.

The "Swivel arm action grip" was the best thing since sliced bread.

Kiwi
View Quote

"fighting for freedom on land sea and air GI joe is there"

also used to watch the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top