Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 10:39:34 PM EDT
Well there goes one leg of Kerry's masterful "4 point plan"!

www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1236532/posts

Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry conceded yesterday that he probably will not be able to convince France and Germany to contribute troops to Iraq if he is elected president.

The Massachusetts senator has made broadening the coalition trying to stabilize Iraq a centerpiece of his campaign, but at a town hall meeting yesterday, he said he knows other countries won't trade their soldiers' lives for those of U.S. troops.

"Does that mean allies are going to trade their young for our young in body bags? I know they are not. I know that," he said. Asked about that statement later, Mr. Kerry said, "When I was referring to that, I was really talking about Germany and France and some of the countries that had been most restrained." "Other countries are obviously more willing to accept responsibilities," he added, as he took questions from reporter in a school yard in Tipton, Iowa.

... and you just know he will try to lay the blame for this at Bush's feet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
He conceded this only because he got nailed hard on it in the VP debates.

It was one of the questions.....  (not verbatim but close)

-France and Germany have already said they will not send troops to help with security of Iraq.  Don't you think it's naive' to believe they will do so if John Kerry is elected?

The actual quote should be on the transcript.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, and he will says it's because Bush ruined relations so bad they cannot be fixed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]
he's too dumb to realize his "wrong war, wrong time, I'm a big fucktard" speech is probably part of the reason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top