Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2001 6:29:50 PM EDT
Today on the morning news Katie Couric, (once known as perky, but now rather dark) was standing in front of a map of Central Asia and in her description of Uzbekistan she commented in an authoritative way ,Karimov , President of Uzbekistan is a dictator. Her tone was that of condemnation and disgust. Excuse me, but I have stayed in Uzbekistan for a short time in Tashkent and Samarqand and I was really jealous of the people that live there. They have freedom there that America has not experienced in 200 years! No one pays a house payment because they were all given their homes when the Communist government fell.Everyone has free health care! Whatever you say is great about America that one subject shows how much Americans care for their fellow man. I live in Phoenix and all the folk that aren't taken care of up north come here now to winter because they cannot care for themselves in the cold. Uzbekistan is FREE! I have photos. will post if someone will help me. It angers me that Katie Couric took the tone that we have every right to go to Asia and restructure whatever government it sees fit. Karimov is a fabulous leader.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top