Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 7:53:48 PM EDT
I've got a jackson strat. I think it's an 87, but could be wrong.

Anyway, it's got a kahler nut that is horrible. Anyone know if I can just put a FR nut on it without using a file?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi, is the Kahler nut ruined? I had to replace one on my 86 Charvel that was wore out from clamping down on strings over the years. I just bought a new Kahler lock nut, I think it was $30.

These are their newer locknuts: Kahler USA (They're $80, they changed them a bit, now have string guides.)

The older model(s) may be purchased on ebay, search for Kahler lock nut, whammy-parts should be the seller, used to be whammy world, apparently you can't hot link to ebay from this site anymore. (These are the original, $39 plus shipping.)
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi, is the Kahler nut ruined? I had to replace one on my 86 Charvel that was wore out from clamping down on strings over the years. I just bought a new Kahler lock nut, I think it was $30.

These are their newer locknuts: Kahler USA (They're $80, they changed them a bit, now have string guides.)

The older model(s) may be purchased on ebay, search for Kahler lock nut, whammy-parts should be the seller, used to be whammy world, apparently you can't hot link to ebay from this site anymore. (These are the original, $39 plus shipping.)
View Quote
No, it's pretty much perfect, but I keep unscrewing it just a bit too far, and dropping the threaded block, and then have to fish it out, and get it all back together.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh OK, then maybe try out the new Kahler lock nut? They look like the Floyd lock nut, basically the same type of locking system, and should be a direct replacement, no modification necessary.

The problem with the Floyd lock nut is there are so many different sizes/heights, if you really want to go that route contact Floyd Rose and voice your idea to them, they should be more than happy to help you decide.

I personally wouldn't do it, too many variables as I mentioned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top