Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 7:53:48 PM EDT
I've got a jackson strat. I think it's an 87, but could be wrong.

Anyway, it's got a kahler nut that is horrible. Anyone know if I can just put a FR nut on it without using a file?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi, is the Kahler nut ruined? I had to replace one on my 86 Charvel that was wore out from clamping down on strings over the years. I just bought a new Kahler lock nut, I think it was $30.

These are their newer locknuts: Kahler USA (They're $80, they changed them a bit, now have string guides.)

The older model(s) may be purchased on ebay, search for Kahler lock nut, whammy-parts should be the seller, used to be whammy world, apparently you can't hot link to ebay from this site anymore. (These are the original, $39 plus shipping.)
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi, is the Kahler nut ruined? I had to replace one on my 86 Charvel that was wore out from clamping down on strings over the years. I just bought a new Kahler lock nut, I think it was $30.

These are their newer locknuts: Kahler USA (They're $80, they changed them a bit, now have string guides.)

The older model(s) may be purchased on ebay, search for Kahler lock nut, whammy-parts should be the seller, used to be whammy world, apparently you can't hot link to ebay from this site anymore. (These are the original, $39 plus shipping.)
View Quote
No, it's pretty much perfect, but I keep unscrewing it just a bit too far, and dropping the threaded block, and then have to fish it out, and get it all back together.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh OK, then maybe try out the new Kahler lock nut? They look like the Floyd lock nut, basically the same type of locking system, and should be a direct replacement, no modification necessary.

The problem with the Floyd lock nut is there are so many different sizes/heights, if you really want to go that route contact Floyd Rose and voice your idea to them, they should be more than happy to help you decide.

I personally wouldn't do it, too many variables as I mentioned.
Top Top