Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2002 11:13:28 AM EDT
[img]http://datacore.sciflicks.com/12_monkeys/images/12_monkeys_large_02.jpg[/img]

Bio-terror is some scary stuff. I just re-watched it, last time was 1997. The time travel stuff is hokey but the bio-terror is far too realistic, especialy in todays world, kinda makes you wonder.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I liked 12 monkeys.It seems Brad Pitt can play
a complete loon with unnatural ease.

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I liked 12 monkeys.It seems Brad Pitt can play
a complete loon with unnatural ease.

View Quote

Concur 100%. Its shocking.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to make fun of Brad Pitt before he made that movie.  I almost didn't go see it because he was in it.  I was very impressed with him in this movie and from that point on, I liked him.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I as a WWI rifle collector, couldn't get past the fact that Willis was shot in the shin at point blank range with a 8*50R Lebel round, and it supposedly got stuck in his shin like a .25ACP would have.  SHEEEEESHHH!!!  By the way 8*50R Lebel is 232 grains going 2,000 FPS.

Funny I could get over the time travel, but not this...
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe the bullet was a stray from a mile away or ricochet, I cant recall if he was shot up close...[:\]

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I made fun of Meet Joe Black until I saw it.
Then again I did like Anthony Hopkins daughter
in the movie(Oh YEAH!!!!!).The way she gave him
and Bradd those naive,innocent,looks and acted
at times confused.I need t find me a womenz like
that.

"I will take some peanut butter..."
"On a spoon,sir?"
"Yes,on a spoon."

Oh,sorry I degress...,If you liked the underly-
ing theme of 12Monkeys you should read Rainbow 6.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
No,I believe he was shot within 5 meters.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#9]
An excellent twisted and convoluted story idea. Put me in mind (a pale copy) of Robert Anson Heinlein's "All You Zombies". Great twists and turns.....

Scott

[url]http://www.banknotes.com/HT271.JPG[/url]

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Good movie.  Anything with time travel is tough to make 'believable.'
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Agree legs--very high on the list.

Another dystopian film I like is GATTACA. No bio terror nor time travel, but a solid and simple (even minimalist) sci-fi setup and story.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Another dystopian film I like is GATTACA. No bio terror nor time travel, but a solid and simple (even minimalist) sci-fi setup and story.  
View Quote

GREAT movie!

Also an ominous warning about DNA fingerprinting and the extent of genetic "defects" being used to oppress people's freedom.

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

GREAT movie!

Also an ominous warning about DNA fingerprinting and the extent of genetic "defects" being used to oppress people's freedom.

View Quote

Make that three votes for GATTACA.  The Doctor at GATTACA was my favorite character.

"Remind me to tell you about my son sometime..."

[url]http://www.sonypictures.com/Pictures/SonyMovies/movies/Gattaca/index.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 12/9/2002 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not a big Brad Pitt or Bruce Willus fan.  I went to see it because I'm a Terry Gilliam fan.  Anyway, I loved it.  Defiantly one of the better movies from the last few years.  It wasn't quite as good a Brazil, but it is one of his better movies.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#15]
That was a great movie. Before that, I also thought Brad Pitt was a numb nuts, but after seeing him play that psycho, I've liked him ever since.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Great movie, I'm glad you mentioned it.

I agree with sigman:

12 Monkeys, Fight Club ... Brad Pitt is good at playing a phyco.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top