Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2001 10:37:30 AM EDT
[b]Read this B.S.!  Nice to know who the Democrats listen to, it surely as hell is isn't you the ordinary citizen!![/b]  

Streisand Blasts Bush in Memo Sent to Top Democrats
April 2, 2001 3:44 pm EST

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Calling President Bush a "destructive man," singing legend Barbra Streisand on Monday fired off a blistering three-page memo to top Democrats in Washington calling for a "strong, strategic, targeted offense against the Republican revolution."
"This is not the time to be weak," Streisand writes in the memo titled "Nice Guys Finish Last" sent last week to several dozen top Democratic legislators and released to media outlets Monday through her publicist.

"Unless we win, we'll be consistently on the defensive with our fingers holding the dike against the resurgence of the far right. ... You don't have to be ruthless like the Republicans, just be strong."

In her note she blasts Bush's record on environmental issues, reproductive rights and the protection of people with disabilities, children, and U.S. workers. She lambastes the record of Bush's father, former President George Bush, on pardons, and urges Democrats and journalists to investigate Republicans vigorously, charging that they are controlled by big business.

Streisand writes: "We have a president who was selected rather than elected. He stole the presidency through family ties, arrogance and intimidation, employing Republican operatives to exercise the tactics of voter fraud by disenfranchising thousands of blacks, elderly Jews and other minorities."

Streisand's publicist Dick Guttman said on Monday that she has no aspirations to become a politician and her motivation to send the memo was concern about the issues and the American people.

"She said people confuse political passion with political ambition," Guttman said, adding that since releasing the memo to Democrats last week Streisand has been flooded with offers to speak publicly.

"She sent it to top Democrats who responded very favorably, to it calling it a very important wake up call," Guttman said.

[puke]  [puke]  [puke]
[puke]  [puke]  [puke]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#1]
isn't Barbzilla a giant robot sent over from china to conquer the U.S.

now why do i have this crazy song going threw my head.

"we going down to south park to meet some friends of mine"

ah ah make it stop[:o)]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The democrats are distinsing themselves from Barbra because thay know that whatever your political affilitation you are sick and tired of being told what to do by Barbra.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#3]
What's scarey and amazing is that [i]anyone[/i] actually believes any of this, even Baboo.

Singing isn't easy.  It takes some brains to get it right.  I guess she puts every brain cell toward her vocal chords.  None left over for anything else.

Norm
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
So what, she doesn't consider the use of her million$ and popularity as a huge influence.  Some of her concert tickets were fetching $150+.  Now I don't what u guys think, but I believe that qualifies as big business.

The b^&*(.  Well at least Jane Fonda has gained another friend. [-!-]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone who can command 5or10 thousand dollars per...for a performance has absolutely no clue what the hell anything is about in the real world that most of us live in. lucky for those that they also posses the freedom of speech, and the main difference being that the little asswipe puppydog media types that hang onto the shoelaces and listen for any and all bodily functions or sounds thereof and squeal off whenever there happens to be a eruption....is there any valuable content to what this person says or thinks?  only due to the bank account......[pyro]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
 Odd how the democrats always acuse the republicans of being sneaky and underhanded in their campains when I often here the Democrats using smear tacticts and the Republicans stating issues.
 Of course if streisdan's speaking is anything like her acting or singing I don't think it should be a problem.
[grenade]
[grenade]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Hanoi Jane? Now Hanoi Barbra!
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I never bought any of her lousy albums anyway.  Big nosed bi#$%
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
If the Democrap voters in Palm Beach could've had Babs nose stuffed with votes, Algore would have won easily.  [smoke]
Top Top