Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 7:47:34 PM EDT
A 600cc Yamaha YCF is COMPLETELY ineffective against a 12" diameter tree at 70 mph.  That is all.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A 600cc Yamaha YCF is COMPLETELY ineffective against a 12" diameter tree at 70 mph.  That is all.

Man, I miss my days as on-call fatal accident investigator.

//Not !
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, I miss my days as on-call fatal accident investigator.

//Not !

Yeah, it was a hoot, our traffic guys were not happy getting called in on a saturday.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Did someone get turned to hamburger?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Oddly enough he was wearing a full head/face helmet and one of those body armor jackets so he wasn't hamburger it was massive massive internals that got him.  My problem with him is that he fled the unit that chased him into a heavy pedestrian area of downtown and when he crashed he came within 15 feet of hitting about 4 people on their front stoops.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]
any pics of the bike? (IM)

ETA:

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Whats that saying thats been going around here......"Play stupid games......"  Well you know the rest.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The sad part is that from what you described he's not even a candidate for donating his organs to someone who could use them responsibly.  Too bad.

OTOH the people that he nearly hit did get the most for their entertainment dollar.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The sad part is that from what you described he's not even a candidate for donating his organs to someone who could use them responsibly.  Too bad.

OTOH the people that he nearly hit did get the most for their entertainment dollar.

Yeah, massive organ failure/internal bleeding was on the long list of cause of death.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#9]
My first ever pursuit was with a motorcycle.  Lasted about 2 minutes before he out ran me.  Found the bike 5 minutes later, spread out for about for about 100 yards.  Found him missing a lot of skin and meat and with a shattered right leg about 25 yards further away.

Car cameras have been my best friend ever since.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#10]
That deceleration trauma gets 'em every time.    Wait till you have one clip a street sign pole and cut their head off or their torso in half.  

... and I ride a bike myself.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top