Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 8:58:31 PM EDT
Because of the LARGE number of ILLEGAL ALIENS in this country, AMERICAN CITIZENS are going to be replaced with ILLEGAL ALIENS

It is a FEDERAL CRIME for these CRIMINALS to be here, but they are going to get STATE JOBS paid for with TAXPAYER DOLLARS

Go ahead and laugh, I'm sure that your children will get a good education from their new illegal alien teacher
I'm sure your future illegal alien Police Officer will treat you fairly and won't bring the tradition of bribing to the US
I'm sure that everything will work out just fine, you won't mind forced prostitution of CHILDREN in your neighborhood, will you?

Dallas school board to discuss hiring illegal immigrants
02/07/2006
Associated Press
www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8FK40B80.html
A Dallas school official said changing employment laws that restrict hiring illegal immigrants could help the district overcome its shortage of bilingual teachers.

School board member Joe May said the Dallas Independent School District should be able to recruit college-educated illegal immigrants who qualify for its emergency teaching certification program. But federal law prohibits knowingly hiring illegal immigrants.

The school board was set to discuss May's idea at a Tuesday meeting, although some board members urged caution, The Dallas Morning News reported for its Tuesday editions.

The Dallas district, which has about 161,000 students, currently recruits Spanish-speaking teachers from foreign countries and then helps the applicants obtain their work visas.

May said laws regarding the employment of illegal immigrants who've been in the United States for years should be changed.

"It makes sense if we set up shop over here," May said. "We can build an employment base in our own market."

Board member Hollis Brashear said he wants to hear how the district's attorneys respond to the idea. "But I don't know if we can discuss something that involves not complying with U.S. law," he said.

Superintendent Michael Hinojosa said he could support May's hiring proposal if it is done legally, adding that May's grass-roots effort is how laws are changed.

Hinojosa also said he empathizes with young children who enter the United States illegally with their parents and then run up against employment laws when they become adults.

"It wasn't their fault they were brought here," he said. "Their parents brought them here."

Federal officials said May's proposal conflicts with the law. Getting a work visa isn't an option for illegal immigrants in the United States, said Maria Elena Garcia-Upson, regional communications manager for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

"While we empathize and sympathize with these individuals, there is an orderly fashion in which one can immigrate to this country," she said.

School board member Jerome Garza said May's idea deserves consideration.

"We as trustees can no longer solve problems like we did 10 years ago," he said. "We have to be innovative."

But John Keeley, director of communications for the Center for Immigration studies, a nonprofit group that seeks to limit immigration, said May's proposal sends the wrong message to students.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Sad, it's just so sad!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#2]

At his briefing with reporters, Aguilar called the shooting, "the very grave and absolutely lamentable phenomenon of the killing of a co-national, which we cannot allow to occur."

Fox's government has for years vowed to defend what it calls "co-nationals," or Mexicans who head to the United States either legally or otherwise in search of higher-paying jobs.

www.signonsandiego.com/news/mexico/tijuana/20060104-0936-mexico-us-immigration.html

They've pushed this for so long it's now become one of those "Well, it's always been like that, hasn't it?" things.  Anyone that doesn't believe that the eventual desired outcome of all this by those in power is the destruction of the sovereignty of the United States is simply in denial.

Repeat lies, ignore truth, flout laws long enough and eventually sheeple will give in (and people like us get tagged as "racist", "xenophobes", "rednecks" and "vigilantes" if we even *DARE* suggest that that being here illegally is somehow wrong).

Fuckers.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Use the H1-B visas the Pres wants to increase.  That will solve the problems and they would be hiring legal aliens.  Then all they have to do is pay them the union wages.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Mexican University educated teachers wouldn't be much better educated and better teachers than some of the products of our public school systems.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Use the H1-B visas the Pres wants to increase.  That will solve the problems and they would be hiring legal aliens.  Then all they have to do is pay them the union wages.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Mexican University educated teachers wouldn't be much better educated and better teachers than some of the products of our public school systems.

Yeah, I guess they are just not as smart as you are, maybe you could help them out with your ideas?

May said laws regarding the employment of illegal immigrants who've been in the United States for years should be changed.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Bedtime Border Bump
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:46:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Dallas schools probably ought to do a better job of teaching their students to read and write English.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:34:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

As long as they do not hire people who are already in the U.S. illegally I am all for it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:46:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Dallas schools probably ought to do a better job of teaching their students to read and write English.

Racist bastard!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:47:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Hot wind from the libtards...it will never happen.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:51:21 AM EDT
[#10]
god damn it, I got away from Mass, away from SKERRY AND the most worthless of all the Kennedys, thinking that this kind of stuff would never be brought up again and dang it here it is again. DISD is a clusterfuck anyways, however I highly doubt it would actually go through without a very strong backlash and well SEVER MEDIA coverage one way or the other.  Shit Lou Dobbs hammers on the "borken boarders" and has had the "Dallas Principal required to speak spanish in 3 years" issue on and off for the last 5 months, I bet he will have this one within the week.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Racist bastard!

Naw, I'm referring to the non English speaking Caucasian immigrants from Europe.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Mowtown Steve...still glad you moved to Texas?

But who's going to teach all of the little illegal alien kids? Why illegal alien adults!

You might as well give all of the south west back to Mexico. They have taken it over anyway. Just look around when you are down there.

La Raza won! La Raza won!

Talk all you want about taking care of business, it'll never happen. SSS should stand for Stepped on, Screwed over and Shit on by La Raza.

Los Angeles, Mexico...next is Dallas. Dallas, Mexico... Sam Houston would be turing over in his grave if he knew about this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
May I suggest that you attend the board meeting and voice your complaints. This is how it's done where I live. Even though they never listen to us
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm.......legal action to benefit illegals?

Latino Civil Rights Organizations File Legal Action to Improve Bilingual Education Programs in Texas
texascivilrightsreview.org/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=432
MOTION AVAILABLE IN WEB LINKS SECTION UNDER "BILINGUAL LAWSUIT"

San Antonio - MALDEF, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, and META, the Multicultural Training, Education and Advocacy, Inc., filed a motion on behalf of LULAC and the American GI Forum seeking to require Texas to monitor, enforce, and supervise the State’s bilingual education and ESL program for English Language Learner (ELL) students in Texas pubic schools.

GI Forum State Commander Paul Herrera stated “Texas has failed to ensure equal educational opportunities for the over 600,000 English Language Learner students in our public schools. The State’s neglect of its duties has failed these students for 25 years and now it’s time for the State to stop the passing the buck and address its failures by implementing the program the way it was meant to be.”

The motion, which was filed in the United States Eastern District Court of Texas, seeks further relief from the Court under its continuing jurisdiction in the landmark case of US v. Texas. The motion comes 25 years after the State promised the Texas Court to implement effectively a bilingual education program for all ELL students.

Roger Rocha, Texas President of LULAC added, “The Texas Education Agency is abandoning its duty to oversee the program, resulting in thousands of English Language Learner children being pushed out of the very system meant to educate them. This is a recipe for disaster not only for our students, but for the future of Texas. Instead of wasting time looking at failed theories from other states, it’s time for the TEA to roll up its sleeves and make sure that our own program does the job.”

Founded in 1968, MALDEF, the nation’s premier Latino civil rights organization, promotes and protects the rights of Latinos through advocacy, community education and outreach, leadership development, higher education scholarships and when necessary, through the legal system.

META is a national legal advocacy organization that for over 30 years has devoted itself to improving the education of English language learners and immigrant students.

February 9, 2006, PRESS RELEASE
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Board member Hollis Brashear said he wants to hear how the district's attorneys respond to the idea. "But I don't know if we can discuss something that involves not complying with U.S. law," he said.

Are people so used to breaking any old law they see fit any more with no thought other than, "gee, what do the attorneys think?"

Asshats that need to be removed from their positions immediately.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Are people so used to breaking any old law they see fit any more with no thought other than, "gee, what do the attorneys think?"

Asshats that need to be removed from their positions immediately.

Along with most of our lawmakers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top