Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2002 10:59:50 AM EDT
If all the peoples of the middle east are fighting over what God supposedly gave them...

Do you think that god would approve of human bombs killing other people?

Would a true and beneficent god approve of killing anyone?

It seems to me that it comes down to killing others for land/property.  One group sets itself aside as different and demands some land to live and prosper on.  They decide to take it from someone else using guns/war/terror.  Isn't there something wrong here?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If all the peoples of the middle east are fighting over what God supposedly gave them...

View Quote

Depends on which version you believe in, I guess.  I know the God of the Bible would have no problem with killing people...even innocent people.  And it doesn't seem, at least from what I have heard and read, that the Allah of the Koran would mind either.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess that's part of my point, what god would either tolerate or promote the killing of it's subjects.

If they do, then what makes them better than any of us?  Anyone can sit 'upon high' and order death.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Mr. slacko,

I think God realizes that without death, the world would suffer from unbearable overpopulation.

And so God makes wars.

He approves the use of American arms by countries that are given those arms.

He approves the use of unconventional warfare by those countries that cannot afford American arms.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Isn't there something wrong here?
View Quote

are you just now noticing this? welcome to the human condition.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

?
View Quote

In the Scriptures (call it the Christian Bible) , God initially COMMANDED Israel to KILL all the inhabitants of the land in order to take possession of it.

That DOES NOT necessarily mean they have Scriptural basis for that now, but it DOES show God is not against war, per se.

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#6]
GOD

Question's About GOD. what does God want ?

I think when he comes back to check on us, he is going to be pissed off !

PEACE AND LOVE out

For more open ended questions check this out

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html? id=124720[/url](Shameless highjacking)

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
People die without getting killed.  Starvation is the ultimate population regulator.

"In the Scriptures (call it the Christian Bible) , God initially COMMANDED Israel to KILL all the inhabitants of the land in order to take possession of it."

Whoever wrote that part of the bible might have wanted those lands to belong someone other than those who owned it, so they say "god ordered us to kick your asses and get the f**k out".  Does that make it right just because some nutjob who's hearing voices says it's true?

"I think when he comes back to check on us, he is going to be pissed off !"

That's so true (assuming there is a god and he is coming back)...
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Whoever wrote that part of the bible might have wanted those lands to belong someone other than those who owned it, so they say "god ordered us to kick your asses and get the f**k out".  Does that make it right just because some nutjob who's hearing voices says it's true?

)...
View Quote

Well, given the events that occurred that would be described as nothing short of miraculuous, as recorded in BOTH the Bible, and Jewish oral and written histories, one would indeed conclude that God favored the Israelites to take those lands.

If someone was making up stories about God favoring the Jewish peoples taking those lands, it'd pretty silly to then also record how God miraculuously won the battle for them (most noteably the Battle of Jericho)

Course, if ya don't care to beleive the Bible, then I'm kinda wasting my time trying to explain it to ya, eh?????? [:D]

Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#10]
lots of 'miraculous' things happen daily.  Ask any EMT technician or cop.  Miracles come in big and small packages.

My point is:

Who interpreted the word of god?

Why did it say to kill so and so?

Did the interpreter have something to gain?

Why can't I just sit here and say that god is speaking through me and say "kill everyone in the middle east in a great ball of fire"?

Who's to say that I'm not a mouthpiece for god?  Who's to say that I'm not just a frikkin' nut?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top