Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2007 3:14:55 PM EDT

After waiting ten days, I went to pick it up today. Here are some so so pics. It's a MN 91/30

ETA: I know I should move. I can't. This is about my first rifle, not me moving. Thank you.

Pretty blurry sorry. I had to hold the camera above my head a bit to get it all in. Turns out the camera focused on my belt area instead of the correct gun . Cut that out along with the toes for you guys ha.

Glare/reflection off the cosmoline, but it's a hammer and sicle inside a partial wreath/etc. 1942 is the date. From what I could tell all the numbers matched.

I'm so excited . I should be taking it down and cleaning it up tomorrow. It'll be a bit before I can go and shoot it though. Have to see when my gun buddy can go next .

Now I got to file out my application to register to vote that I picked up at the post office when I was there with my mom today. Horray for rights now that I'm 18 .

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.  My first gun was a Mosin too, you'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:19:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Very nice.  My first gun was a Mosin too, you'll enjoy it.

That I will. I've shot my friends M44. All I can say is WOW . That was a fun gun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
My first was gun was a M44, fun guns.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats, now make every effort to GTFO of that communist shithole ASAP.  Go somewhere you can buy a nice AR.  I hear Arizona could use you living near the border.

-Ben
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#5]
My first gun was a Mac90 with a synthetic stock.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#6]
congrats on your gun. they are fun to shoot
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:24:05 PM EDT
[#7]
My first was a Romy G AKM, but a Mosin very similar to that is calling my name.  Now save up for ammo and a move to a free state!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice rifle, I've been meaning to pick one up myself. But I fear my C&R purchases are gonna stop for the next few months so that I can purchase more bannables.

The first gun I ever bought was a Rem 700 ADL in .308, that I still have.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Congrats, now make every effort to GTFO of that communist shithole ASAP.  Go somewhere you can buy a nice AR.  I hear Arizona could use you living near the border.

-Ben

That won't be for a few years. Just turned 18, won't be off to college for about a year (hopefully) due to medical stuff. That's 2.5 years. Then to get stable and set up and all. Montana is for me .
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats.  Now buy as much ammo for it as you can before the prices double again.  My first was a 870 with the 18" barrel.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Congrats.  Now buy as much ammo for it as you can before the prices double again.  My first was a 870 with the 18" barrel.

That also wont be fora bit ha. Wish I could.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats. Your next purchase should be professional instruction. Not "a friend who grew up with guns". Not a guy "who was in the army". You'll be very pleasantly surprised at how much you'll learn and improve.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#13]
nice...
won't be your last...

j0hn
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

That won't be for a few years. Just turned 18, won't be off to college for about a year (hopefully) due to medical stuff. That's 2.5 years. Then to get stable and set up and all. Montana is for me .

Maybe you should consider college outside of the PRK.  Otherwise hope Hitlery doesn't get elected president before you get a chance to buy an AR.

-Ben
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Congratulations on your first rifle! My first gun was an AR-15 I'm not bragging or anything GTFO of Kommiefornia!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
nice...
won't be your last...

j0hn

Like hell . Just need money for them all....

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Ben

Maybe you should consider college outside of the PRK.  Otherwise hope Hitlery doesn't get elected president before you get a chance to buy an AR.

-Ben

Not going to a normal four year college or anything. It's a specialized trade school or however you want to call it. Computer graphics, design, web, video, 3D. And that's all they do. So I'll be getting my BS in Media Arts from them in 2.5 . Plus with my condition I can't really be TOO far away from people (mainly my mom
cause she's the only one who has supported me with it and all and knows what to do. Dad doesn't even believe there is anything wrong with me . Parents split by the way). So the whole going to a new state where I don't know anyone wouldn't work out to well. Can't do too much with an AR if I pass out and knock my head open with no one to help/ knows what's wrong with me . That hasn't happened so far, so I'm lucky. Well at least it hasn't yet .

But believe me I do want to get out. It's just not feasable for a few years.

Quoted:
Congratulations on your first rifle! My first gun was an AR-15 I'm not bragging or anything GTFO of Kommiefornia!

Thanks! Lucky you ahhah. See above. Wish I could.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#17]
The 10 day wait should be all the indication you need:

MOVE!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The 10 day wait should be all the indication you need:

MOVE!

As noted before, I can't. I want to, but can't.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Sweet looking rifle
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Sweet looking rifle

Justin, you get my IM?

-Ben
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Sweet looking rifle

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#22]

congrats sfc_acid
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Lol, man, that 10 day wait is such bullshit!  It takes me about 10 minutes to buy a firearm. That's with the proper background check, of course.

Rub it in why don'tcha

. It's alright though. I don't have the money to be buying too many guns anyways ha. Might try to get my dad to start a tradition heh. I'm pretty sure my grandpa (his dad) gave him his 7mm Mauser, a 10/22 and a single shot .22 when he was 18. So I'll try to work a little magic and see if I can get those. Start with the Mauser, then borrow the .22 for a trip to the range, say "gee dad this is nice, can I keep it?". Heh, hope that works. He doesn't use the guns or anything so .

Quoted:

congrats sfc_acid

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Get an Enfield!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#25]

you know I just tried to thing of the first gun I actally bought and filled out paperwork for and I cannot remember

I think it was a SKS but just do not remember for sure
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:41:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Get an Enfield!

Eventualy I'll have one. But ammo is pricey on that. No more surplus except for iffy paki ammo. Heard that's no good.

Quoted:

you know I just tried to thing of the first gun I actally bought and filled out paperwork for and I cannot remember

I think it was a SKS but just do not remember for sure

We'll I don't have any trouble. I Just got it today . hahah. I'll prolly get an SKS eventualy just because.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top