Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 2:23:25 PM EDT
Just got home with my 1st bolt rifle, a Savage model 10 with Accu-trigger in .308.  I know, it's not much, but I'm not a hunter so never had too much interest in bolt action rifles until recently...

Woo Hoo!

Bryan

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#1]
TTIWWP
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
HMMMMM, gonna practice to be a "sniper"? Pretty dangerous weapon ya got there son.........even the evil "accutrigger" allows you to shoot innocent people out to 1 mile, we should ban them at all costs.

Besides, all we need is a Ford to hunt deer.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Go over to the snipers hide and you will never be back
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to Remington's latest work in the public eye I am seriously considering a 700 PSS, I think in .308 but I haven't decided for sure.  They deserve my support, that's all I know, and cold hard cash is the best way to show it.  I hope they have a record sales month.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1 by the time u get done the only thing that will be left original on your savage is the receiver
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you'll like your Savage. I have a FP10 in .223. It's a less then 1 MOA rifle with most loads I shoot in it.  Put some decent glass on it and have fun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish someone would start making #4 Enfield types, in like .308, but still retain a removeable mag thats holds more than 5
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I wish someone would start making #4 Enfield types, in like .308, but still retain a removeable mag thats holds more than 5

Yep, the enfield isnt the strongest action, but probably my favorite bolt gun ever made. Need to pick up a #4.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to my world - single shots are all we are allowed in Austarlia. I think everyone here would cry if they saw the amount of rifles that got confiscated down under in 96.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Welcome to my world - single shots are all we are allowed in Austarlia. I think everyone here would cry if they saw the amount of rifles that got confiscated down under in 96.

Here; I fixed it for you. I think everyone here would cry if they saw the amount of rifles that we let them take from us down under in 96
Remember history shows: first you let them take your guns, second you let them put you on a train to a "detainment" camp, third you let them send you to the "showers". There are six million dead Jews that would recommend you never let THEM do anything to you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, the enfield isnt the strongest action, but probably my favorite bolt gun ever made. Need to pick up a #4.

I love my Enfields, got 3 of them. But I like them for their historical value, I wouldn't want a modern gun based on the design as I think the design stinks! They are a pain to disassemble (need special tool to disassemble bolt, extra long screwdriver to take off stock, etc..), not particularly accurate, the stacked bolt leads to tolerance/headspace issues, the trigger design makes it easy for dirt/particles to get wedged between trigger and sear causing it not to catch or accidental discharges, etc..

If you want a 308 Enfield, why not get a 2A? Not based on the #4 but it's still an Enfield and I love mine despite the issues above. Not an engineering masterpiece like the K-31 but a very lovable rifle. And only $170 at AIM.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:09:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Well done.  Savage makes a very accurate rifle.  I love my model 12.

ETA - let us know how it shoots.  Better yet - post pics.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here; I fixed it for you. I think everyone here would cry if they saw the amount of rifles that we let them take from us down under in 96
Remember history shows: first you let them take your guns, second you let them put you on a train to a "detainment" camp, third you let them send you to the "showers". There are six million dead Jews that would recommend you never let THEM do anything to you.

own a lot of non-papered NFA do ya?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#16]
F*ckin' Fudd....
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

DAMN....just went there!!

Now I want to sell my new used once eotech and get a "real" scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top