Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2011 3:44:13 AM EDT
What will a juicer do for me that my Waring blender won't?
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 3:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What will a juicer do for me that my Waring blender won't?

It will separate the pulp from the juice. You should "get both".

Freshly juiced fruits and vegetables are almost unbelievably delicious. Take a pound of carrots and a few celery stalks. They juice into a tumbler glass. The amount of nutrients and vitamins, etc. that you get from that one glass are fantastic. A real pick me up if you are tired, too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Masticating juicers wont bruise the fruit so your juice wont brown and doesn't oxidize while you are juicing.  

They juice wheat grass.

They are easier to clean and easier to maintain.

The con is that they cost much more to buy.

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:32:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else here see the thread title and think this was going to be about that old Pen & Paper RPG "Rifts"?

I am such a nerd
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Not a steroids thread?
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:36:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I love my Jack Lalanne Juicer.  I gets the juice out and separates all the other matter out.  Easy to clean up too.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#6]
One of the keys to buying a juicer is how simple and easy it is to take apart and clean. Make sure you take it apart in the store and see what is involved. If you buy one that is a pain in the ass, you will use it a couple of times and then get tired of the cleaning hassle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not a steroids thread?

Yea, I was gonna say "pick things up and put them down."

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Juicer? Fuck that.

Get a Margaritaville.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, I bought a juicer. Now I'm ready to sell it. It's an awful lot of work for a glass of OJ.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, I bought a juicer. Now I'm ready to sell it. It's an awful lot of work for a glass of OJ.

Shoulda got a Margaritaville.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Let you motorboat his bitch-tits?
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let you motorboat his bitch-tits?

Enourmous, the way you'd think of gods as big.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top