Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2010 9:26:36 AM EDT
I am working on a website for international students.  

I installed Joomla for my content management system, to this I added the Community Builder component.  

Is anyone here familiar with Joomla and Community Builder?  

I have some questions about the software and what components/modules others are using for forums, blogs, etc.  

TRG
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 11:20:28 AM EDT
[#1]
goto the Joomla forum they helped me out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2010 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
goto the Joomla forum they helped me out.

Went to several today.  Most were a series of questions posted with no responses.

I was able to figure out one problem (why my uploads were failing/timing out), now I need a little help on setting up a bridge between phpBB3 and Joomla, but, I think I can get it done tomorrow.

What website are you using joomla to manage?  IM if you would rather not post.

I am loking for a theme for the short term.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/20/2010 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#3]
For the PHPBB3 and Joomla link, you will need a DBA :)

I run Mambo (Joomla is a break off of Mambo) and a PHPBB3 board.  I just keep them separate.  One of these days I'll actually link them together but I don't want to do that until I change web hosts.

Link Posted: 8/20/2010 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For the PHPBB3 and Joomla link, you will need a DBA :)

I run Mambo (Joomla is a break off of Mambo) and a PHPBB3 board.  I just keep them separate.  One of these days I'll actually link them together but I don't want to do that until I change web hosts.

DBA?

I am looking at this :http://www.mehdiplugins.com/misc/phpbbjoom.htm

thoughts?

TRG
Link Posted: 8/21/2010 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Was just using Joomla while building a CMS for a quick start-up for a web site.

did you try the Joomla Forums from joomla.com the used to be active.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe he meant, NDA. Non-disclosure Agreement.

-d
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I found Joomla extremely difficult to use.  I went with homestead, very easy to use.  True drag and drop.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I found Joomla extremely difficult to use.  I went with homestead, very easy to use.  True drag and drop.

I settled on VBulletin.  I like some things better than Joomla, and other things worked better in Community Builder, but, overall I was able to work out most of the problems and get the site up.

I have not heard about Homestead.  I'll check it out for the next project.

TRG

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top