Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2007 3:52:00 PM EDT
So, my great uncle was a Shriner. And, I was wondering how does one get into to the Free Masons? Do you just walk in and apply? Or do you need to be sponsored by someone who is in already?

I think it would be a good place to meet people and make contacts. Plus, at least with the Shriners (I think), you can actually help people out and it doesn't seem like some bullshit thing people do for political reasons.

I'm ready for the usual arfcom baloney to be posted, but I hope some good info is presented too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Look for this.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh I am gonna need a big bowl of popcorn for this
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]
post in your hometown forum, odds are there is an arfcom mason who would be willing to get to know you and eventually sponsor you.

oh

in before the anti-mason nutjobs
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My great uncle was a Mason as well.
I think you have to be invited to join, or have a relative that is a Mason. Of course, I'm probably incorrect, as this is second hand information.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
2B1 ask 1

I am not a Mason, I never really had time for it but I have a lot of them in my family going waaayy back and also have several friends who are. From what I understand, they don't force themselves on anyone and they are gladly receptive to inquiries.

If nothing else, I'd recommend politely walking into any Masonic Lodge and respectfully asking to speak to someone about their order. I don't think that they would think poorly of you for doing this.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Illuminati Illuminati!!!!
They are here to take over the world
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
They beat the shit out of you when you are "initiated" in.

JK I have no clue, my brother in law just joined. He has actualyl calmed down and become
a respectable person.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
2B1 ask 1

I am not a Mason, I never really had time for it but I have a lot of them in my family going waaayy back and also have several friends who are. From what I understand, they don't force themselves on anyone and they are gladly receptive to inquiries.

If nothing else, I'd recommend politely walking into any Masonic Lodge and respectfully asking to speak to someone about their order. I don't think that they would think poorly of you for doing this.

Cool, I will do that tomorrow.

Also, thanks Dino, I posted this in my hometown forum as well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool.

Join. Go through the initiation rites, etc.

Then post the synopsii of the meetings where they join the Bilderbergers, Rothschilds and CRF and plot to take over the world.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Just fuckin do it and don't talk about it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Cool.

Join. Go through the initiation rites, etc.

Then post the synopsii of the meetings where they join the Bilderbergers, Rothschilds and CRF and plot to take over the world.

I'll talk to subnet and hook up streaming video...
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
you need to approach the masons, as they will not approach or invite you to become a member.  Also you need a member to vouch for you.  They also do their own little investigation into you before you are accepted as a member.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top