Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 9:44:47 AM EDT
Hey, all the Duke fans out there...two never before released on video movies came out today...Island in the Sky, and The High and the Mighty...

High and Mighty being a 2-discer, with commentaries and lots of extras, plenty of extras on Islam in the Sky too.

Picked 'em both up at lunch...on sale for $14.99 and $9.99. Both have been restored and remastered.

Can't wait to watch them!

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:48:32 AM EDT
ah.......John Wayne, he killed more indians than small pox, with a saa colt and winnie carbine that never needed to be reloaded, still like most of his movies though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:50:32 AM EDT
Where did you find them? Is "The high and the mighty" a Western?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:57:55 AM EDT
They have been showing those two movies on AMC for a couple of weeks now.

Islands in the sky is a military plane crash in the Artic.

The other is a civilian airplane crash movie, also.

Both are pretty good if you are Duke fans.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:58:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ChuckyT:
Where did you find them? Is "The high and the mighty" a Western?

I got both of them at Media Play...I would think any good size DVD retailer would have them, today is the release date.

Both are aviation movies...Island in the Sky is a military transport that goes down, and its the story of their survival afterwards...

High and Mighty has the Duke as an ex-military pilot, relegated to co-pilot duties on commercial aircraft and saving the day (I think, I never have seen either!) on a flight...ala the Airport movies I guess...both were made in the '53 '54 time frame....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:01:49 AM EDT
Thanks! I'll have to go over to Media Play when I get out of work.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:12:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pzjgr:
Hey, all the Duke fans out there...two never before released on video movies came out today...Island in the Sky, and The High and the Mighty...

High and Mighty being a 2-discer, with commentaries and lots of extras, plenty of extras on Islam in the Sky too.

Picked 'em both up at lunch...on sale for $14.99 and $9.99. Both have been restored and remastered.

The Duke vs. ROP hijackers?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:15:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ironoxbows:

Originally Posted By pzjgr:

The Duke vs. ROP hijackers?

Ooops, Freudian slip there I guess...although I would pay money to see that movie!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:17:28 AM EDT
taggage
Top Top