Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 4:17:31 PM EDT
msnbc.msn.com/id/6124543/

Ashcroft opposes Lindh's bid for leniency
He says similar case has no bearing on that of ‘American Taliban'The Associated Press
Updated: 2:08 p.m. ET Sept. 29, 2004THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Attorney General John Ashcroft on Wednesday opposed an appeal to commute the 20-year prison sentence of John Walker Lindh, an American captured in Afghanistan fighting for the Taliban.

Lindh’s attorney, James Brosnahan who negotiated the sentence in a plea bargain in 2002, said it was the best deal he could get at the time. But he said the deal should be reconsidered after the government agreed to release another U.S.-born Taliban soldier, Yaser Esam Hamdi, from detention without charges.

Ashcroft rejected the idea, saying Lindh received all the safeguards of the judicial process and the outcome was fair.

‘Justice was done’
“Lindh was fully adjudicated and had his opportunity in court to state his position, and the system operated to provide a punishment for his activities, which were clear and unmistakable,” Ashcroft told reporters in the Netherlands.

“It’s not really helpful to compare one case to another case. In each case the system operates. Justice was done in his case, and I believe we try to be consistent and effective in providing justice,” he said.

Ashcroft was in The Hague to tighten security cooperation with the Dutch government and to meet with European Union justice and interior ministers convening for a two-day conference.
Brosnahan made the request Monday.

Speaking in San Francisco, he argued that Lindh fought alongside the Taliban in a civil war against the Northern Alliance, that he is not a terrorist and that he never fought against U.S. troops.

Hamdi to relinquish citizenship
Hamdi, who has been held for three years without trial, will be required to relinquish his U.S. citizenship and will be sent to Saudi Arabia, where he grew up.

“Comparable conduct should be treated in comparable ways in terms of sentencing,” Brosnahan told reporters. Only President Bush can commute Lindh’s sentence.

Lindh, 23, pleaded guilty in civilian court to supplying services to the Taliban government and carrying explosives for them. He and Hamdi were both captured in late 2001.

OK, let's play the game, Six Degrees of Terror-ation

John Walker Lindh fought for the Taliban
who habors al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden
who attack and plan to attack us using members of cells
who hide in the United States and endless countries like:
Afghanistan, whose run by the Talaban who one of those fighters just happen to be:
John Walker Lindh.

Just let him rot for 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd give him a 1 minute sentence but this sentence concludes with a 77gr BTHP threw his temple.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
walker lindh can eat my ass.

douche.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Dupe yo. Doopage.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#4]
One .45 ACP round between the lookers and that will shorten his sentance in an acceptable manner!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Swing his ass out of a tree I say

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow, that makes him completely different from EVERY OTHER PRISONER IN THE WORLD.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought it was funny when the skin heads were trying to kick his ass.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Put me within 500m of him with a clear line-of-sight, and I'll 'reduce' that jihadist traitor's sentence.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Put me within 500m of him with a clear line-of-sight, and I'll 'reduce' that jihadist traitor's sentence.

I'll do 600 yards with my PSS.

Any owners with a 50 BMG care to do 1,000 yards?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#12]
this is the kind of thing i wsih they would ask bush about... I bet he might say "I was pushing for the death penalty"
... Zell would of course say id shoot him myself
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll do 600 yards with my PSS.

Any owners with a 50 BMG care to do 1,000 yards?

I'll raise you a one Mk84 (the bastard will be strapped to it), 2 non-electric blasting caps (so the bastard can hear the fuse burn down), 2 M-60 igniters, 2 15 foot pieces of time fuse, a 100 feet of DetCord, a hundred gallons of diesel fuel (Gotta have a huge fireball), and a shitload of popcorn & beer for ARFCOM members to watch his send off to Hell.  I think yelling "Fire in the Hole" three times for that would be a true pleasure.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]
kick his ass
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#15]
First thing I thought of when I heard early this morning....

Like a 5 year old that just slapped his little sister just before dad took the belt to him...

[whinning] I DIDN'T MEAN IT[/whinnging]

This waste of skin AND his parents deserve the sentence he got.  The shitstick hasn't taken responsiblity for his actions.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
In 2-3 more years,when he gets out,he will write a book.....then run for political office in Kaliforniastan as a moslem dimokrat.After 2-3 terms as a senator he will  run for president.ALL traitors seem to want to do this now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#17]
GE Brings Good Things to Life! One burst with a minigun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top