Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 4:43:30 PM EDT
YES!!!  I got the salary offer today and it is commensurate with what I make now for base salary but the differential, guaranteed overtime, on call pay and Sunday pay are going to be SWEET... and by sweet, I mean totally cool! [:D]

So I go out to my car to call my momma from my cell phone and two women are hunched down next to my car.  I asked them what they were looking at and they said a skinny little lost dog was hiding under there.  I honked the horn until he slowly walked out from underneath and lo and behold he is a purebred longhaired black and tan doxie.  What to do?  

Well, he must have know which car was the best to climb under since I take in stray and abused animals.  I asked around the neighborhood and noone knows who he belongs to.  He's now resting in a crate by my desk, sleeping after a bowl of water and food.  

He is now named, appropriately, Job.. pronounced "jobe."

What a day.... [:D]

[img]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fandfauna/vwp?.dir=/Pets&.dnm=Job.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t[/img]
[url]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fandfauna/vwp?.dir=/Pets&.dnm=Job.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t[/url]
Edited because I can't get the friggin' img to work....
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I am abused and a stray. Can I come live with you? [:)]

Congrats on the job offer and finding a new little friend!

(btw....I am serious about coming to live with you....hehe)
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats MM, on both the job and for taking in Job (Jobe)!! im a sucker for animals also...at one time we had 6 dogs here. now im down to 3. dogs are most definetely better than people in my book.
good luck on your move to Louisville!!!
i lived there when i was stationed at Ft Knox. the best part is being close to KNob Creek!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Lol.
Wow, got your job offer and a new friend, today.
Congrats. Wonder if the dog was sent to help you with your feeling over your horse? Ya never know.
P.s. Hope Job doesn't have an ear ache from all the honking.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Woohooo!! Congrats MM. So the move is official eh? Cool Beans!!! (did I just type that phrase?!?!)

However I must let you know one thing. The meaning of the word JOB. Its really an acronym.

[b]J[/b]ust
[b]O[/b]ver
[b]B[/b]roke

Never get a job. Go for a career instead [;)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Miss M,

Do you handle DSL troubleshooting calls...I do DSL tech support for Earthlink...we normally submit a TT with genuity (vendor) and then wait to go thru the motions (slow) sure would be nice...

???
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Good for you M.M. That's a nice thing you did, and congrats on the new job!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Louisville just became a better place to live [:D]

Congrats on the job, MM
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#9]
congratulations on the new job !!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Miss M,

Do you handle DSL troubleshooting calls...I do DSL tech support for Earthlink...we normally submit a TT with genuity (vendor) and then wait to go thru the motions (slow) sure would be nice...
View Quote

I work for Verizon land line side right now as a central office technician.  My new job is as a switch technician for Verizon Wireless.  I'll be maintaining and troubleshooting the switch and testing and turning up trunks for the most part.  Little to NO customer contact... wooo hooo!!  [:D]

LT,

I don't get all high-faluting about what I do... LOL  I have a job.  I work.  I am content. [;)]

Thank you everyone else for the support as of late.... I've really needed it.

For anyone going to BRC 2003... the snake bite shots are on me!!  Did I mention I am a menace behind a bar and can layer a shot like nobody's business? [}:D]

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
make mine a rum and coke!

congratulations. see you at knob creek, hoprfully...if you aren't making millions from all that o.t..

i'll call you when we hit town...i know you'll have figured out all the good night spots by then!

good luck.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh, and by the way.  You have an excellent range near by.  I have no idea where verizon is, but KnobCreek Range is on Highway 44 just off of dixie highway.  Fun place to shoot.  Especially in april and november. ---->machine gun shoot.

[url]www.knobcreekrange.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Long haired Doxies are much more stable upstairs than the short haired ones. Like night and day.

You did a good thing Ms M. :')
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I told ya not to worry! Congratulations!![beer]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Okay.. what am I doing wrong trying to post this pic?  I'm enclosing the url within [img][/img].... can't figure out why it won't work.  HELP!  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:54:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Heck I cannot even get to your Yahoo to see the little tyke!

Doxies are sooo cute....but have very weak backs!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, the link is not working...
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:43:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Well I'm feeling a bit more up in spirits today... think I may have found a wonderful match for the Doxie.  A friend at the video store I've known for years who is an avid animal lover and has wanted a small dog for a while now.  I brought him over today and they hit it off.  She is going to talk to her roommates today and may take him tomorrow. [:D]

If anyone knows how to get the stupid link to work.. please help!  My album is on Yahoo under the name "fandfauna" and it's the only picture in there.  He really is a cutie pie.  After food, water and a good night's sleep his personality is really coming out and he's a hoot!

Try [url]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fandfauna/[/url] and click on "animals."  Let me know if it works for y'all. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#22]
It says "album is currently empty"
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#23]
[url]photos.yahoo.com/fandfauna[/url] is "empty"... is it a public album?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Are you a premium service user?  It says only premium service users can share photos publicly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#25]
SO see God works in strange ways you get a job and save a life...Wonderful glad to hear about both things
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Miss Magnum....congratulations!!  We are very happy for you.  We knew you could do it!!
Enjoy and Take care....

TexasAg
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are you a premium service user?  It says only premium service users can share photos publicly.
View Quote

Not true. Only premium service users can share ORIGINAL photos publicly. Yahoo will resize and convert them for normal users.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top