Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 10:37:48 AM EDT
To keep it short - It blows normally but the air is not cold. I checked the pressure on the system/recharged it but nothing. If I'm driving along the AC will start working and be cold but I'm in/near city so there's a lot of stop and go. Could this indicate a clutch issue or what? If I'm driving along on the hwy for a period of time, it works great.. If i drive along on the side roads, it works until I stop at a light then it gets warmer and warmer until its hot.. As soon as I get going, about 15 seconds later, it gets cooler again and is cold..

I'd appreciate feedback so I can get this fixed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 12:14:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have the Automatic Temperature Control system or the normal manual AC setup?  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd bet a dollar that it's a blend door issue.
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a manual setup, no automatic crap. I doubt that it's the blend door.. I checked it again and I think it is the clutch.. It is definately stopping at idle, and when I'm going it's just fine. Damn thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top