Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2001 8:18:22 PM EDT
I have had it with Gunworld and Jan Liberal.  He has once again gotten on his high horse in the latest issue about those "evil black guns".  

He basically says the following; "Although I support the right for someone to own a black pistol or rifle (whatever he does not like personally), I don't understand why they would and what crazy things they might do with it". Another one, "I am perplexed why ordinary citizens would want a Police sniper rifle".  

Yet he loves the Taurus Black and Gold M85 he reviews - even if it looks like something a pimp would use. He also must have forgotten that the 1911 he loves soooo much was a military firearm and can be had in a black finish.

Stating his opinion once is fine but to keep hammering the point every chance he gets.....

He is a miserable excuse for a Gun magazine editor and a pathetic human being!! [puke] [puke][puke][puke][puke]

He is perfect for Kalifornia and maybe that is why he thinks the way he does.  Maybe him and the State AG are having an affair.  [puke][puke][puke][puke]

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
"I am perplexed why ordinary citizens would want a Police sniper rifle". WTF???

I swear after all of the anti-gun propaganda I have read this guy spewing lately, he has to be on the VPC payroll and Tom Diaz is helping him write articles.

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
[b]I HAVE TOLD THIS TO YOU DOUCHEBAGS A MILLION TIMES!

OTHER MEMBERS HAVE TOLD THIS TO YOU A MILLION TIMES!

WHY ARE YOU ALL STILL SUPRISED?

LIBOUREL IS 1000000000000 TIMES WORSE THEN ROSIE O OR CHUCK JEWMER.
AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHERE THEY STAND.

LIBOUREL IS THE ENEMY, AND HE IS WITHIN OUR RANKS!

WE NEED TO RID HIM LIKE A FUCKING TICK FROM OUR COLLECTIVE ASSES!!

HE IS SLOWLY BUT SURELY KILLING GUN AR15 AND AK OWNERS WITH HIS BS!

I HATE LIBOUREL
I HATE LIBOUREL
I HATE LIBOUREL[/b]

Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I am perplexed as to why ordinary citizens continue to read that POS rag.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 3:01:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess that I read his latest editorial a little differently than you.
I thought he was trying to be Apologetic for his previous comments.

You have edited out most of his comments.
He states that "he" sees no reason to own Black rifles or Police sniper rifles.

BUT he also states that he has NO objection to people owning these rifles. [b]AND SUPPORTS THEIR RIGHT TO DO SO.[/b]
AND that High Power Semi Auto's have been sold to the American Market continuosly since 1905.

SO F*cking what if he doesn't want one.
I don't see a reason for people to own Vehicles with more than 200 Horsepower. Or that can Travel at speeds greater than 65 mph. Or many other things that you don't really need.
Yes I know cars are not Constitutionally guaranteed. But never the less...

HE WAS TALKING ABOUT WAKING UP AND SEEING THAT HE HAD THE WRONG IDEA. And Finding Strong new trends. New Trends despite Government attempts at Controls.

How much more apologetic can you expect him to be?

???
Del.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 5:36:48 AM EDT
[#5]
McUZI wrote: CHUCK JEWMER.

What the hell is this?  Brain dead, apparently.  I hate the guy too, not his Race/Ethnicity, though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I don't get that either.  www.jpfo.org it doesn't get any better than that for firearms freedom organizations.  Also seems to me the "UZI" was designed by, who else, Jews.

Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#7]
An excellent point, Ranger.  One I should have seen, and so should he!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Delmarksman,

I re-read the article and maybe there is some truth that he is waking up but only because of reader feedback and loss of subscribers.  I don't think he is sincerely apologetic or is changing his views.  He statements of contrition are similar to when people say, "don't get me wrong, he is a good person but....". As a result, I think he is making obligatory statements on the right to own military style rifles (which he has done before) but he does not truly believe there is a need nor would he be enraged if they were outlawed.

I did a search on a couple different gun sites and found at least 7 different instances in the last 1.5 years where he has made similar comments.  Why does he feel it is necessary to always come back to tell everyone why he is perplexed about some types of gun owners.  Stating your views once is fine but repeating them on an ongoing basis means you have an agenda.

Don't miss my point, I don't really care if he likes them or not.  Or whether someone wants a Geo Metro or an Aston Martin.  However, he is in a public position and has made statements that are divisive and could hurt our RKBA and to own whatever "we" choose.  He is in no way as important as Mr. Heston but what would be the impact if Mr. Heston started making comments like Libourel.  Would you be upset then?  How about if Ashcroft started talking like that?  Bush already has with hi-cap magazines.

Regardless of Libourel's personal views, he has a public voice and I strongly feel he should be more cautious and restrained in his comments.  Or one day he may be out of a job and wondering why he can't own his beloved 1911 or black and gold pimp gun.

Hopefully I have answered your questions and got you centered on why I'm pissed???

MilesTeg

Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top