Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2002 4:02:32 AM EDT
[url]http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20020821-96788552.htm[/url]

I thought you guys might appreciate this.  [:D]

Form the article:

Two of the most outspoken members of the U.S. House, Democrat Cynthia A. McKinney and Republican Bob Barr, lost their bids for re-election in last night's Georgia primary.

The candidate's father, state Rep. Billy McKinney, told WXIA-TV in Atlanta that the questions and confusion about the old endorsements was "nothing" and the controversy over them was a Jewish plot.

Mrs. McKinney, a five-term incumbent, hit the 50 percent black district yesterday with a slew of supporters, including the Rev. Al Sharpton, Martin Luther King III and the Rev. Joseph Lowery.

She ceased, however, to tout the support of former Atlanta Mayor Andrew Young, after Mr. Young accused her of using an endorsement tape from a previous campaign. Mr. Young said he would not endorse either candidate.

Another endorsement that was part of a campaign phone call, from actor Robert Redford, was discovered to have been recycled from an earlier campaign.

The candidate's father, state Rep. Billy McKinney, told WXIA-TV in Atlanta that the questions and confusion about the old endorsements was "nothing" and the controversy over them was a Jewish plot.

"That ain't nothing," he said last night. "Jews have bought everybody. J-E-W-S."
View Quote

Alls I gotts to say is.....

Go Jews!!!! Go Jews!!!!Go Jews!!!!!!![bounce]

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
..no he said Juice didn't he?

You know, as in OJ.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the cross over Repubs voting in the Demo primary should have voted FOR her.

Now there's a half way credible candidate representing the Democratic ticket.  That gives a better fight against the Republicans.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:19:27 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]IBTL[/b]

Mike
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:28:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I for one am glad that the umm...errr..."Distinguished Lady" did not get her parties support for whatever reason.[:D]

[img]http://www.atljewishtimes.com/archives/1999/110599s.jpg[/img]

IBTL!
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:37:20 AM EDT
[#5]
[img]www.goodbyecynthia.com/images/mckinney.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:44:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Two thoughts on this: 1.It's about time that they got rid of this leftist wacko. And her father is still "representing" the people in his district?What kind of person(voter) would put this guy in power?2.I hope that her loss wil be somewhat softened by her $15,000.00 monthly Govt. pension for LIFE,paid for by us and voted on by>members of Congress.What a sweet deal.Perhaps if they follow thru on the investigation regarding the phone calls to Republican voters they will prosecute her(if she is involved)and take away her retirement.FAT CHANCE.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 4:57:35 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20020821-96788552.htm[/url]

..."That ain't nothing," he said last night. "Jews have bought everybody. J-E-W-S."
View Quote
View Quote

For the record, I love my Dad.  And while I'm sure there's some entertainmnet value to be gathered from the ranting of a 74 year old life-long member of the John Birch Society -- I SWEAR, the absolute LAST thing I'd want in the world is to see him interviewed on TV flaunting his "political awareness".
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, I believe her father is in a runoff for his Georgia legislature seat.  Good Lord willing, he'll lose it.  He is right about one thing tho. Contributions to her opponent's campaign from Jewish individuals and organizations around the country did probably help defeat her.  On the other hand, most of her campaign bucks came from Moslem individuals and groups.

Moral of that story is:  If you don't want the lion to bite your head off, don't stick your head in the cage.

Well, she followed her father's teachings (he's one of the bigger slime balls in the Georgia Legislature), and paid the price. Good riddance!
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:11:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually, I believe her father is in a runoff for his Georgia legislature seat.  Good Lord willing, he'll lose it.  He is right about one thing tho. Contributions to her opponent's campaign from Jewish individuals and organizations around the country did probably help defeat her.  
View Quote

No wonder Democrats want "campaign finance reform."

People who've worked hard all their lives, have saved and scrimped and foregone wasteful living, and now have money, are using it to get rid of big gov't, tax and spend liberals.

You "lion" illustration is EXACTLY on target, shamayim. "Rich" people have been the Demos whipping boy for too long, as they LOVE to tax rich people.

Well, seems the "Rich" people have had enuf. I hope its a national trend.

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think the cross over Repubs voting in the Demo primary should have voted FOR her.

View Quote

Perhaps now, unencumbered by office, she can be Hitlery's V.P. on the Dimocrat ticket ??
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Its what happens when voters vote on the basis of a candidate's skin color rather than on the content of their character...
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#12]
If I am not mistaken, both candidates were black so we can eliminate any racial overtones there.  Her daddy DOES seem to have a problem with Jews and if she shares that attitude then I don't blame them for contributing to her defeat.  I am not Jewish but am certainly pleased to see her gone!!

IMHO she was lending aid and comfort to the enemy by being "pro Arab" and accepting money from suspected terrorist sources.  A full investigation may be in order.
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I say to her what I've said in person  to my own sack o' crap congresswoman Marge Roukema...
Don't go away mad. Just go away!
Link Posted: 8/22/2002 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Good call, McUzi.

Or at least I'll let you have credit for deleting that one.

[shaking head]

Link Posted: 8/22/2002 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I am not mistaken, both candidates were black so we can eliminate any racial overtones there.  Her daddy DOES seem to have a problem with Jews and if she shares that attitude then I don't blame them for contributing to her defeat.  I am not Jewish but am certainly pleased to see her gone!!

IMHO she was lending aid and comfort to the enemy by being "pro Arab" and accepting money from suspected terrorist sources.  A full investigation may be in order.
View Quote

Exactly what I had been thinking.  Although I'll add that neither of these candidates seem to have much to offer.  One is less disliked over the other though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top