Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/12/2010 12:14:24 PM EDT
The people who bought into all the JFK conspiracies, were the the Troofers of their day?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope

there is a lot of real werd stuff about the JFK assassination.

lots of dumb conspiracy stuff, but also a lot of truly weird things
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
There had to be more than one shooter...beyond that who knows? its all just speculation.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
yah, same deal.

9/11 conspiricy is 1000x more retarded though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There had to be more than one shooter...beyond that who knows? its all just speculation.

there had to be more than one shooter?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Troofers are a whole lot worse than the JFK conspiracy theorists.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
they were also racist   , oh wait that card wasnt delt yet.......
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The people who bought into all the JFK conspiracies, were the the Troofers of their day?

While I am solidly in the camp that Oswald shot JFK, I don't place the people who believe it was someone else in the same category as troofers.  

First, nobody actually saw Oswald fire the shot, and there at least looked like there was a possibility of conspiracy, especially when you consider the fact that Oswald was killed so quickly.  

Contrast that with Troofers, who believe that the aircraft we saw hit the towers live on TV weren't actually jets, but instead missiles disguised to look like jets, and the buildings weren't taken down by the jets (or missiles that they think were disguised to look like jets), but instead the buildings were wired with phantom explosives.  

JFK Conspiracy theorists = slightly paranoid
9/11 Troofers = Special kind of stupid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Both events happened in broad daylight with hundreds of witnesses...yet the plain truth isn't enough for some people.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
yah, same deal.

9/11 conspiricy is 1000x more retarded though.

yes. this is true. lots of odd things happened around the jfk assassination. one shooter, communist, lived in roosha for a while, had a rooshin bride, immediately gunned down before he could be questioned.

and of course, the most sinister,, kennedy's brain disappeared, and his coffin changed in mid-flight between texas and DC, but that was all time travelers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How disappointing to see you write that. I hope it's just ignorance, and not that you did real research and came to that stupid conclusion.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Wish I could tag...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#13]
They recreated the major bullet almost perfectly.  There was 1 shooter.

Now its like saying there was a 3rd plane at the WTC!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I am solidly in the camp that Oswald shot JFK, I don't place the people who believe it was someone else in the same category as troofers.  

First, nobody actually saw Oswald fire the shot, and there at least looked like there was a possibility of conspiracy, especially when you consider the fact that Oswald was killed so quickly.  

Contrast that with Troofers, who believe that the aircraft we saw hit the towers live on TV weren't actually jets, but instead missiles disguised to look like jets, and the buildings weren't taken down by the jets (or missiles that they think were disguised to look like jets), but instead the buildings were wired with phantom explosives.  

Pretty much This.....  Funny thing is that MOST of the modern crop of JFK conspiracy guys get their information from that stupid Movie.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Nope

A whole lot of loose ends, witness testimony altered or ignored, and LOTS of Sudden Death Syndrome® among witnesses and suspected participants.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Oswald was the shooter.

If there was a conspiracy it happened after the assassination and was to hide mistakes made by the Secret Service and Dallas PD that lead to Oswald being able to shoot President Kennedy as well as Jack Ruby's access to Oswald. I don't know if there are missing documents, altered statements, etc but if there are I believe that this is why.

Never underestimate the capacity for deception when covering one's ass is involved.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Nope

Agreed.

The evidence doesn't match up with the verdict.

Quoted:

Oswald was the shooter.

If there was a conspiracy it happened after the assassination and was to hide mistakes made by the Secret Service and Dallas PD that lead to Oswald being able to shoot President Kennedy as well as Jack Ruby's access to Oswald. I don't know if there are missing documents, altered statements, etc but if there are I believe that this is why.

Never underestimate the capacity for deception when covering one's ass is involved.

Why did Kennedy's head whip back at the fatal shot, then?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But there was aluminum and steel and magnesium in the wreckage, the same stuff as thermite!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Pretty easy shot/shots from the 6th floor of the School Book Suppository.  Especially for a trained Marine Rifleman.  Plenty of time to get off those three shots with that Italian bolt gun.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Both incidents had MIC profit imensely (spelling).

To many people depend on those same entities for their livelyhood, they won't bite the hand that feeds them.

Patriots until it gets to their wallets.

"War is good for the economy", how many times have you heard that in your life time.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pretty easy shot/shots from the 6th floor of the School Book Suppository.  Especially for a trained Marine Rifleman.  Plenty of time to get off those three shots with that Italian bolt gun.

http://i53.tinypic.com/20kpzm.jpg

ewwww
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Okay, but why was it the back of his head blown open, and not the front?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Add 4x scope, open convertible and slowly moving convoy...

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Ruby and Oswald knew each other. Ruby wasn't just some random pissed off guy who wanted to avenge JFK the way he has been made out to seem.

So, there was more to the whole deal than we have been led to believe. How much more? Who knows.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#27]
I think the JFK conspiracy theories all hearken back or are caused by the poor investigation techniques that were used.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

The front was blown open. He was shot in the back of the head.

edit - continued

..according to both House/warren commissions.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No. The JFK thing is just another run of the mill conspiracy theory, 9/11 troofers are in a league all their own. It's like comparing a jaywalker to a serial killer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

2 shots not one
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Big ol Troofer dumb asses
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Thankfully I've never seen someone shot in the head, but I know there have to be some here who have by virtue of their recent military service. I have shot many inanimate objects and more than a few critters. NONE of them have ever exhibited an entry wound larger than the exit wound. Furthermore, I've never seen brain matter eject towards the origin of the shot. That is probably the thing that bothers me the most about the claims that it was Oswald, and Oswald alone.

The second is that the bullet seems far more intact than I would expect. When I was a kid I shot birds with a pellet gun. The few times I found the pellet it was well deformed. That's a lighter projectile, travelling much slower than the 6.5 bullet, and impacting a much smaller mass with far less resistance than a human head. I've seen bullets from hunting rifles taken from the animal that were less damaged than I expected, but still had obviously impacted something.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Ruby and Oswald knew each other. Ruby wasn't just some random pissed off guy who wanted to avenge JFK the way he has been made out to seem.

So, there was more to the whole deal than we have been led to believe. How much more? Who knows.

Prove it. They moved it different circles. There is no credible evidence that until Oswald was arrested, they were ever in the same building together.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Nope

You can attribute weird shit to almost every historical event. Conspiracy theorists like to ignore all the facts about something, and then determine the whole thing is a lie based on a few odd details.

Anyone who thinks Oswald was not the only shooter, is a fool.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oswald was the shooter.

That about says it all for all conspiracies.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Don't knock the JFK tinfoilers, they made a lot of people rich.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I think the JFK conspiracy theories all hearken back or are caused by the poor investigation techniques that were used.

Yep.

The maxim "cock-up before conspiracy" definitely applies.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was on the grassy knoll, mother fuckers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove it. They moved it different circles. There is no credible evidence that until Oswald was arrested, they were ever in the same building together.

The footage of Ruby shooting Oswald was edited.

My parents had watched the shooting live on TV. They both told me that when they saw it happen, you could tell from the look on Oswald's face that he recognized Ruby and knew why he was in that police station. They also told me that the footage that they had been showing on TV ever since the live broadcast was edited to remove that section.

I always figured they were imagining things. Just two people who were confused about what they saw in that fleeting, emotional moment.

Then, one day I was watching a British documentary on PBS about the Kennedy assassination. They made the same statement. Only they had the original and the edited version of the film, so that you could watch them both side by side. I'll be darned, but my parents were right. You could see the look on his face. He sure as hell recognized Ruby and he knew that he probably had only seconds to live. You could also see the way the footage has been edited ever since to remove those few seconds. If you don't know to look for it, you would never even notice. I hadn't.

Unfortunately, this was back in the pre home VCR days, so I don't have a copy of it, nor do I remember the name. All I remember was that it was British and it would have been shown sometime in the 70s. Every time a JFK special is shown on TV these days, I record it on the chance that I will find it again. I never have and my searches for it on the internet haven't turned up anything either.

Watch the footage youself. Just at the iconic moment, the perspective shifts from one camera to another. Why? Like I said, I never even realized it until I knew to look for it.

Do you consider that proof? Frankly, I don't care if you do or not. I owe you nothing. It's not my responsibility to "prove it." I know what my parents saw, what they had told me and what I saw with my own eyes 10 - 15 years later. That's good enough for me. I know that there was more to the incident than we have been led to believe and that there was and still is an effort to cover up the actual events. I don't know by whom, or for what purpose, but it does exist.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#41]
yes.

and in my opinion, they are just as retarded as truthers, and just as ignorant of the facts.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#42]
The world runs on conspiracy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Oswald took shots.  There's no doubt in my mind.  He was a patsy and was taken out by Ruby before he could talk.

The melon thing I don't buy.  Try that at 100yds, not the menial distance they did.  Ok, let's say it does drive his head forward, why wasn't his face anhilated?  

Additionally, his head wasn't pushed back, it snapped back, like somebody hit him with a sledge hammer.

They claimed the rear shot was a glancing at the top and right side of the skull.  Are the results the same with a not so direct hit?

In the melon shot, the blood, brains, skull and goo go to the rear or in the direction of the bullet.  What did Jacky go to the back of the car and get?  My guess would be a large piece of skull.

Too many things clearly show me a frontal shot hit Kennedy in the head.  Oswald probably hit him in the neck from the rear and probably hit others in the car, which hit before the final head shot.

Adding:  This insurgent is shot in the front of the head.  Which way did his head go?

Link because I'm too retarded to embed
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
As for JFK, read the book "Case Closed" by Gerald Posner, preferably the later paperback version, which adds some material omitted from hardcover version to better address critics of 1st edition.

Just read it.  Oswald was the only shooter, that much is certain.

Posner's book is a joke.  He decided to write a book with a pre-determined conclusion (Oswald ascted alone), and then he distorted, ignored and lied about the facts to support his own pre-determined opinion, which is completely at odds with the actual facts.

I would not take too much this bloke had to say seriously..........

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#45]
JFK getting killed help a lot of people in all walks of life: reds, revolutionaries, the mob, some of our government, other people seeking powers, etc. etc. etc. One great man getting killed by a loser will also spark conspiracy.
The same can't be said for 9/11. Well organized group did something pretty terrible. They had the will and know-how.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Been dreaming about this, for days, after visiting DP, on the way to sending a youngster off to the .mil a block away.

75 years until we *really* know...

Hope to make it that long............

Dallas still looks like a bunch of fools in my eyes over that day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The footage of Ruby shooting Oswald was edited.

My parents had watched the shooting live on TV. They both told me that when they saw it happen, you could tell from the look on Oswald's face that he recognized Ruby and knew why he was in that police station. They also told me that the footage that they had been showing on TV ever since the live broadcast was edited to remove that section.

I always figured they were imagining things. Just two people who were confused about what they saw in that fleeting, emotional moment.

Then, one day I was watching a British documentary on PBS about the Kennedy assassination. They made the same statement. Only they had the original and the edited version of the film, so that you could watch them both side by side. I'll be darned, but my parents were right. You could see the look on his face. He sure as hell recognized Ruby and he knew that he probably had only seconds to live. You could also see the way the footage has been edited ever since to remove those few seconds. If you don't know to look for it, you would never even notice. I hadn't.

Unfortunately, this was back in the pre home VCR days, so I don't have a copy of it, nor do I remember the name. All I remember was that it was British and it would have been shown sometime in the 70s. Every time a JFK special is shown on TV these days, I record it on the chance that I will find it again. I never have and my searches for it on the internet haven't turned up anything either.

Watch the footage youself. Just at the iconic moment, the perspective shifts from one camera to another. Why? Like I said, I never even realized it until I knew to look for it.

Do you consider that proof? Frankly, I don't care if you do or not. I owe you nothing. It's not my responsibility to "prove it." I know what my parents saw, what they had told me and what I saw with my own eyes 10 - 15 years later. That's good enough for me. I know that there was more to the incident than we have been led to believe and that there was and still is an effort to cover up the actual events. I don't know by whom, or for what purpose, but it does exist.

Ruby definitely knew Oswald. Shortly after getting the contract, Ruby began stalking Oswald at DPD by posing as a reporter. During the midnight press conference, Ruby demonstrated knowledge of Oswald by correcting information put out by Dallas DA Henry Wade.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Mech2007, read Vincent Bugliosi's book "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy", all five pounds and 1,612 pages of it. Oswald had been interrogated for nearly two days, was handcuffed to a Dallas Detective, and was being moved to another facility. Of course he would get bug-eyed when a stranger stepped through the ranks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I see what you did there....but remember...its ignorant to question the findings of the Warren commision...or indeed to actually be a free thinking person.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How disappointing to see you write that. I hope it's just ignorance, and not that you did real research and came to that stupid conclusion.
Oh sorry...it was Oswald alone...sorry for thinking. I won't do it again.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top