Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:06:15 AM EDT
Trying to improve my bartending skills, so I decided to wake the wife up with

an Irish Coffee. Never made one before...I made dark brown sugar simple syrup

and hand whipped the heavy cream with a little vanilla extract and sugar.

The resulting drink was pleasing to the eye and palate. Sorry no pics already finished it.

1-1/2 oz Finnegans Irish Whiskey

1 oz Brown sugar syrup

3-4 oz strong black coffee (we use fogers)

combine the above in an Irish coffee cup

whip the cream to a "pourable" thickness

pour or spoon cream about an inch thick on top

add a cocktail straw and serve

Delicious!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:19:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:33:54 AM EDT
I'll take one, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:01:15 AM EDT
Steamed milk works a sight better. But you sorta need an espresso machine/ cappuccino machine for that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:42:20 AM EDT
Irish coffee is gooooooooooood.

Stupid irish coffee related story: Once we went to see a show of irish music at a local catholic high school, on a sunday afternoon no less. Refreshments available included irish coffee. Given the setting, I assumed it would be non alcoholic "irish coffee" flavored cream, so I ordered a few for my wife, her mother and I. Dude at the counter whips out a bottle of Jameson and fills the mugs halfway with booze, then tops it off with coffee and cream. Freaking awesome.

All three of us ended up smashed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:44:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bones45:
Irish coffee is gooooooooooood.

Stupid irish coffee related story: Once we went to see a show of irish music at a local catholic high school, on a sunday afternoon no less. Refreshments available included irish coffee. Given the setting, I assumed it would be non alcoholic "irish coffee" flavored cream, so I ordered a few for my wife, her mother and I. Dude at the counter whips out a bottle of Jameson and fills the mugs halfway with booze, then tops it off with coffee and cream. Freaking awesome.

All three of us ended up smashed.

Top Top