Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2012 3:06:15 AM EDT
Trying to improve my bartending skills, so I decided to wake the wife up with

an Irish Coffee.  Never made one before...I made dark brown sugar simple syrup

and hand whipped the heavy cream with a little vanilla extract and sugar.

The resulting drink was pleasing to the eye and palate.  Sorry no pics already finished it.

1-1/2 oz Finnegans Irish Whiskey

1 oz Brown sugar syrup

3-4 oz strong black coffee (we use fogers)

combine the above in an Irish coffee cup

whip the cream to a "pourable" thickness

pour or spoon cream about an inch thick on top

add a cocktail straw and serve

Delicious!
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll take one, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Steamed milk works a sight better.  But you sorta need an espresso machine/ cappuccino machine for that.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Irish coffee is gooooooooooood.  

Stupid irish coffee related story:   Once we went to see a show of irish music at a local catholic high school, on a sunday afternoon no less.  Refreshments available included irish coffee.  Given the setting, I assumed it would be non alcoholic "irish coffee" flavored cream, so I ordered a few for my wife, her mother and I.   Dude at the counter whips out a bottle of Jameson and fills the mugs halfway with booze, then tops it off with coffee and cream.  Freaking awesome.  

All three of us ended up smashed.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Irish coffee is gooooooooooood.  

Stupid irish coffee related story:   Once we went to see a show of irish music at a local catholic high school, on a sunday afternoon no less.  Refreshments available included irish coffee.  Given the setting, I assumed it would be non alcoholic "irish coffee" flavored cream, so I ordered a few for my wife, her mother and I.   Dude at the counter whips out a bottle of Jameson and fills the mugs halfway with booze, then tops it off with coffee and cream.  Freaking awesome.  

All three of us ended up smashed.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top