Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2004 2:15:39 PM EDT
A man at the Apple Tree grocery store on Briarcrest was stabbed in the shoulder this eavning . A black man approached him while he was unloading his cart & demanded the keys to his vehicle. The man tried to run but was stabbed as he tried to get away. The assailent got away clean, & is described as a young black man, in his mid 20's.

If this happened to  me it would have said, a car jacking was stopped tonight when an armed citizen shot & killed his attaker with a legaly carried .45. This seams to have brought an end to a series of car jackings in the area.

I know it's supposed to be wrong to think like this, but just once I would like to have one of these clowns pull a knife on me, & demand something, like my keys, or money.

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No it is not wrong to think like that, not at all....

If you are going to carry a weapon, you must have the mindset that you will be willing to use the weapon, when needed.....

I myself, hope I never have to use the .45 I carry, BUT if I ever need to, I have made up my mind that I will.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
First, I hope it isn't ever necessary for you to use the 45.

Second, I hope you are able to shoot him. Things happen fast and there is an old distance rule about knives. If they are still coming at 15 feet, shoot because a knife attack is fast and dangerous.

Third, even killing a BG stays with you for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
There should be a bounty of carjackers, etc.  If you kill one, you get 10 grand.  It is cheaper to kill scum that to process them through the CJ system.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If you are going to carry a weapon, you must have the mindset that you will be willing to use the weapon, when needed.....

I myself, hope I never have to use the .45 I carry, BUT if I ever need to, I have made up my mind that I will.....

You'd be supprised at how many people(on another forum that shall remain nameless) told me that I was CRAZY for being so "willing" to shoot and kill someone that was threating my life.   They said it was a terrible thing to take someones life and that they'd been in conflicts and wars and found no glory in killing.  I think it's one thing to kill some nameless person in a war, maybe they don't even want to be there and you might even be their friend if it wasn't for that war BUT it's quite another for some jerk to pull a knife or gun on someone and demand something from them under thread of giving up ones life if they don't comply.  In that case I'd have no problem what so ever in wasting the piece of scum.   I'd not feel "sorry" and I'd not have any sleepless nights over it. In fact  I'd feel pretty good at making the world a safer place. If that makes me a bad person then so be it, I don't think it does though.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#6]

If this happened to  me it would have said, a car jacking was stopped tonight when an armed citizen shot & killed his attaker with a legaly carried .45. This seams to have brought an end to a series of car jackings in the area.

Actually, it would say "Minority citizen killed by white male (assuming you are caucasian) with concealed semi-automatic handgun over dispute over motor vehicle."  It would be twisted to sound like you walked up to a black guy and shot him for no good reason.  Remember, this is the media we're talking about here.  Not a fair and balanced news outlet.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A man at the Apple Tree grocery store on Briarcrest was stabbed in the shoulder this eavning . A black man approached him while he was unloading his cart & demanded the keys to his vehicle. The man tried to run but was stabbed as he tried to get away. The assailent got away clean, & is described as a young black man, in his mid 20's.

I know it's supposed to be wrong to think like this, but just once I would like to have one of these clowns pull a knife on me, & demand something, like my keys, or money.

Keep dreaming.  You'd be justified in shooting him - but you would also have a 300 pound black cellmate to keep you warm at night.  Remember the subway vigilante?  by the way, as a trial lawyer I am ashamed of what my brethren did to Bernard in that case.

http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id311.htm
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You'd be supprised at how many people(on another forum that shall remain nameless) told me that I was CRAZY for being so "willing" to shoot and kill someone that was threating my life.   They said it was a terrible thing to take someones life and that they'd been in conflicts and wars and found no glory in killing.  

Frank, I'm with you...those people who willingly give their lives up to a gangbanger don't pass Darwin's test and therefore don't pass their stupid genes on...
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There should be a bounty of carjackers, etc.  If you kill one, you get 10 grand.  It is cheaper to kill scum that to process them through the CJ system.

Carjackers 10 grand
Liberals 15 grand
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd be supprised at how many people(on another forum that shall remain nameless) told me that I was CRAZY for being so "willing" to shoot and kill someone that was threating my life.   They said it was a terrible thing to take someones life and that they'd been in conflicts and wars and found no glory in killing.  

Frank, I'm with you...those people who willingly give their lives up to a gangbanger don't pass Darwin's test and therefore don't pass their stupid genes on...

Glory??????  Glory has nothing to do with it.  The simple issue at hand, in that kind of situation is, "Who gets carried by six? Me or thug......"  
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd be supprised at how many people(on another forum that shall remain nameless) told me that I was CRAZY for being so "willing" to shoot and kill someone that was threating my life.   They said it was a terrible thing to take someones life and that they'd been in conflicts and wars and found no glory in killing.  I think it's one thing to kill some nameless person in a war, maybe they don't even want to be there and you might even be their friend if it wasn't for that war BUT it's quite another for some jerk to pull a knife or gun on someone and demand something from them under thread of giving up ones life if they don't comply.  In that case I'd have no problem what so ever in wasting the piece of scum.   I'd not feel "sorry" and I'd not have any sleepless nights over it. In fact  I'd feel pretty good at making the world a safer place. If that makes me a bad person then so be it, I don't think it does though.

Oh trust me I know what you are talking about. I to was the brunt of a assault on another forum that shall remain nameless, when I stated my mindset to use deadly force if needed, in my home or out of my home.....

Hawkeye has a sigline that says, A sheep with a gun, is still a sheep.........they fit the bill....
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I just discussed this with my mom, who hates me carrying. She said it wasn't so bad, he wasn't killed! Juast stabbed in the arm, & all things work togeather for good, for those who believe in God.

I replied, oh yeah, good for him was getting stabbed in the shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Tortfeasor:  Bernie brought it on himself.  All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and ditch the gun.

"You'd be supprised at how many people(on another forum that shall remain nameless) told me that I was CRAZY for being so "willing" to shoot and kill someone that was threating my life. They said it was a terrible thing to take someones life and that they'd been in conflicts..."

What a bunch of pussies.  I would not have lost a wink of sleep over protecting MY life at the expense of the bad guy's.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By peter nap:

Second, I hope you are able to shoot him. Things happen fast and there is an old distance rule about knives. If they are still coming at 15 feet, shoot because a knife attack is fast and dangerous.

Just the rejoicing part..........
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Tortfeasor:  Bernie brought it on himself.  All he had to do was keep his mouth shut and ditch the gun.

"You'd be supprised at how many people(on another forum that shall remain nameless) told me that I was CRAZY for being so "willing" to shoot and kill someone that was threating my life. They said it was a terrible thing to take someones life and that they'd been in conflicts..."

What a bunch of pussies. I would not have lost a wink of sleep over protecting MY life at the expense of the bad guy's.

That's what I said and I was told how I'd toss and turn at night being haunted by the ghost of the guy that I'd killed. I've never killed anyone, heck, I've never even had to pull my carry gun to defend my life but if push comes to shove and it's my live or his then he's going to take a very long dirt nap if I have my way and It won't hurt my feeling a bit. I will not be ashamed to be a surviver.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No you wouldn't.
AB
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By peter nap:

I was taught the rule was "'deadly weapon' and 21 feet...If you know about the rule BEFORE you use it, you can use it in court." and to spread the word. This was in a handgun safety class I took voluntarily.

Oh, and we can use deadly force on carjackers here in The ATL!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No you wouldn't.
AB

Not at all,things might go south before you know it and your guts could end up on the pavement, or alot worse
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:02:20 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No you wouldn't.
AB

Your right I don't. I just get tired of hearing stuff like this happening with the BG getting away free. I would rather see it on the news that someone else did it, but at least it got done, rather than another innocent victim payes for the BG's actions. It's frustrating to see this stuff happen were you live, & know there is nothing you can do to stop it, because it is so random.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:05:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Mods please lock this post. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Request of author.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top