Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 11:36:22 PM EDT
I'm on the 03 1800C coming in to work tonight (2330) running the high beam at around 70mph.  The headlight just up and died!  Hit the switch and Thank God the low beam came on.

Time to hit the parts store on the way home in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
had that happen to me once, except the low went out, and left me with the high....I started carrying a spare bulb on the bike after that
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:05:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, Had that happen to me on my old bike coming home from work at 0400 one morning 2 separate times. The first time I was moving at a good pace up a mostly deserted highway with my brights on and the high beam went out. I got the lows flipped on riki tiki so no big adventure..

I ordered one of the high 100/55 bulbs as a replacement to see if they were any good and yes for 2 or 3 nights when I used the high beams they were amazingly brighter. But after only a bout 2 hours of use the low beam went out on the new bulb. The high beams still worked but was so bright, and I felt un comfortable riding up on or passing folks with my light obviously set on starburst, that I would go lights out when I got behind cars or passed them for the rest of my trip home. Thankfully it was only for 30 miles or so.

Put an ordinary bulb back in and its been fine for the last couple years.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:06:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:04:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered two.  I'll pick them up on the ride home this morning.  One will replace the bad bulb, the other goes in the bag.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i thought this was going to be an Obama thread

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#7]
AHH, ha yeah now im noticing this is NOT GD. Whoops!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
AHH, ha yeah now im noticing this is NOT GD. Whoops!

Active Topics.  BTDT.  

I've got a new bulb in the bike, ordered new tires, filters, and other stuff for it, cleaned the 442 that got a taste of the Atlantic Ocean a couple days ago, and detail cleaned my EDC G21 this morning.  

If you're the praying type, please say one for Steve.  If you're not the praying type, carry on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top