Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 3:17:24 AM EDT
I searched back a week and didn't find anything, so I hope I'm not duping.

Link

Israel to Hamas PM: Watch Your Back
Tuesday, March 07, 2006

JERUSALEM — Israel's defense minister advised the incoming Palestinian prime minister Tuesday to fear for his life if Hamas militants start attacking Israel again.

Meanwhile, acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert vowed that his Kadima Party would shave billions off settlement spending — the first time he has said explicitly he would scale back funding for Israel's 40-year-old settlement enterprise, which has cost tens of billions of dollars.

Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz's warning to Hamas, recently elected to rule the Palestinian Authority, was the first to identify Hamas' prime minister-designate, Ismail Haniyeh, as a potential target for an Israeli pinpoint attack.

"No one is immune," Mofaz told Army Radio, a day after an Israeli airstrike on an ice cream truck killed two Islamic Jihad militants and three bystanders in Gaza City. Two of those killed were aged 8 and 14.

Olmert, in a speech in Tel Aviv, said "billions" in settlement spending would be diverted to Jerusalem and to theNegev Desert and Galilee, underdeveloped areas in southern and northern Israel.

"It's no secret that we won't invest in coming years the same sums we once invested in construction and infrastructure development in areas over the Green Line," Olmert said, referring to Israel's frontier before the 1967 Mideast War.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a very uneasy feeling about the Hamas thing

They have managed to whip up hatred and aggressive beliefs among the Palestinian people over time and have now the political power to cause problems in a big way

This has surely set the peace process back 10 years or more and unless they come around to accepting what the previous administration (abu abbas/abu mazzen) did, bullets will probably fly

what a fucking disaster .  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top