Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2002 9:12:14 AM EDT
1. To prove that they're "true" Ar15.com ‘ers, newcomers are expected to relate a choice tale of firearms, kabooms, shooting, drunkeness, etc...

2. Telephone calls among members, at any time of the day or night, are not only tolerated but encouraged.

3. "Speaking for the group" is frowned upon but is done anyway, usually with a disclaimer.

4. Members sometimes disappear for lengthly periods of time and then return with no explanation given and none expected.

5. Members view outsiders with suspicion.

6. An archive of knowledge, aphorisms, and anecdotes is maintained to which oldtimers sometimes allude.

7. Newcomers are expected--and sometimes overtly advised--to familiarize themselves with this lore.

8. In order to be fully accepted by the group, a newcomer must discern who the outcast of the moment is and behave towards that person accordingly.

9. Members respond with hostility to any commercial intrusion into their discourse.

10. Although Goatboy is our leader. Rules of behavior are  sometimes defined and enforced by consensus.

11. The consensus of the group is reached through a process that doesn't resemble parliamentary debate as much as it does a sloppy barroom brawl.

12. Newcomers who show promise are frequently offered advice--sometimes solicited and sometimes not--by more experienced members.

13. Oldtimers sometimes complain bitterly about the way the group has changed over the years.  Often, to underscore their displeasure, they threaten to leave.

14. Sometimes these oldtimers *do* leave, only to return after realizing their departure was impulsive and that no one really gives a damn whether they leave or stay.

15. Members may express any opinion they wish so long as they're prepared to be flamed mercilessly for it.

16. Acts of the most outrageous sort are forgiven provided they were committed while the perpetrator was under the influence.

17. Members, almost without exception, love the sound of their own voices. Many have raised the act of pontification to a fine art.

18. The level of education attained, on average, is considerably higher among members than among members of the general populace.

19. Occupations that require highly developed verbal skills are disproportionately represented.

20. Members find the subjects of guns and shooting endlessly fascinating.

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm surprised that it took you 134 posts to realize this...

By the way- you can't really be surprised by #20, can you?  Surely you did not expect key-lime pie recipies and knitting instructions.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL!!

[s]Yes, a lot of it is true...[/s]

I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
In my short experience, yes.

Biggun
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am a slow learner

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

10. Although Goatboy is our leader. Rules of behavior are  sometimes defined and enforced by consensus.

View Quote

Goatboy?  Who's that?  

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#6]
LargeAnimal,

took me many more than 134 posts to discern most elements on your list.

I recognize but just cannot seem to follow No. 8.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

By the way- you can't really be surprised by #20, can you?  Surely you did not expect key-lime pie recipies and knitting instructions.
View Quote

Yeah, really...

Anyway, dissipator556 - Thanks for the pie recipe...it turned out great.  Also, those socks you knitted me fit great!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#8]
No. 17 - maybe should be altered to :  "....love the sound of their own keyboards clicking....."
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#9]
[img]http://davidsgiftshop.com/item/30130[/img]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Cute thread....

-T.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Look at the pretty damn dirty apes!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Dman, you missed one...

21. Every topic must somehow revert back to a (choose any) post on (good/evil) israel.

Seriously, you hit the damn nail on the head! Great post!

P.s. Any offense to Israel and her enemies... is purely accidenta... nevermind; turn the whole region into a parking lot- so I don't have to hear about it everytime I turn around...

Edited for nothing heh
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Surely you did not expect key-lime pie recipies...
View Quote

Unless your neighbor's cat is named "Key-lime". [;)]

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#18]
[blue][b]22)[/b]  [u]EVERYTHING[/u] that goes wrong here is antiUSSA's fault, regardless of whether he is actually involved or not...  Even while he was undergoing major surgery and was clearly nowhere near a computer for weeks at a time, it was still most definately his fault![/blue]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

goatboy? never heard of him.
you forgot one
this....................   [:k]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Outstanding post!
P.S.  This place (and it's contributors) rocks, and you WILL like it!

[heavy]

[beer]

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:28:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
11. The consensus of the group is reached through a process that doesn't resemble parliamentary debate as much as it does a sloppy barroom brawl.
View Quote
I guess you've never seen the videos of British, French, etc. parliaments that get shown on those "Reality TV" shows.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's wrong with a good, old-fashioned barroom brawl???? [BD]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#25]
23.  Any poster must expect to be nitpicked to death.

Therefore:

4. Members sometimes disappear for lengthly periods of time and then return with no explanation given and none expected.
View Quote

Corollary to #4: Worse, members sometimes disappear for lengthy periods of time and then return with an explanation when none is wanted or expected.

24.  The spelling, grammar, religion nazis, et al, are ever present.

"Lengthy" has only one "L."

10. Although Goatboy is our leader. Rules of behavior are sometimes defined and enforced by consensus.
View Quote

This should just be one sentence.

13. Oldtimers sometimes complain bitterly about the way the group has changed over the years. Often, to underscore their displeasure, they threaten to leave.

14. Sometimes these oldtimers *do* leave, only to return after realizing their departure was impulsive and that no one really gives a damn whether they leave or stay.
View Quote

Corollary to # 13 & 14: To legitimately leave one must generate a long rambling diatribe/rant and then reply to the resulting posts/flames  whereupon some will say "You still here?"

16. Acts of the most outrageous sort are forgiven provided they were committed while the perpetrator was under the influence.
View Quote

Addendum to #16: ...or followed by sufficient mea culpas.

18. The level of education attained, on average, is considerably higher among members than among members of the general populace.
View Quote

But of course!

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess you've never seen the videos of British, French, etc. parliaments that get shown on those "Reality TV" shows.
View Quote

"I'm STILL wearing ladies undergarments."--Saturday Night Live, Will Farrell, as a member of the British parliament.  The statement is followed by unanimous applause by parliament.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Its all true!  ALL OF IT!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 12:59:59 PM EDT
[#28]
[b]Thats exactly why I am leaving this board!!!  Yeah, heck--this thread illustrates the root cause of my frustration...goodbye forever you losers![/b]
[argue]

[beer]

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
6. An archive of knowledge, aphorisms, and anecdotes is maintained to which oldtimers sometimes allude.
View Quote

All your aphorisms are belong to us! - The Lawn Gnomes
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#30]
people will just post replys for the hell of it
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll salute.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
[blue][b]22)[/b]  [u]EVERYTHING[/u] that goes wrong here is antiUSSA's fault, regardless of whether he is actually involved or not...  Even while he was undergoing major surgery and was clearly nowhere near a computer for weeks at a time, it was still most definately his fault![/blue]
View Quote

See, he admits it!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.[;)]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I knew I was forgetting something[:D]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

KeyLime Pie:

1/2 cup of Key Lime juice
6oz. dairy topping
1- 14oz. can EagleBrand Sweetened condensed milk

mix the dairy topping and condensed milk until smooth then add and mix the Key Lime juice.

pour into a 9" graham cracker pie crust (Keebler seems to be best) refrigerate overnight

keep refrigerated until serving, do not leave out.  yum, yum,

Knitting instructions:  *NOT*

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#36]
You forgot a few:

25) Even oldtimers aren't sure if Imbrog|io is a real person.

26) If a member asks a stupid question, he is accused of being a troll.

27) If a member goes into a diatribe about "when they come for our guns," he is accused of being McUzi.

28) Garandman can always be counted on to pontificate.

29) Any post created by Eric The Hun or any post invoking his name will degrade into a massive flame war over what else Israel vs. Arabs.

30) The following topics will result in a member being flamed into hiding:

How do I convert my gun to a Machine Gun.
How do you build a Machine Gun.
What is a DIAS ???
Let's Talk about my Unregistered Machine Gun.
Any other topic on Post-86 Machine Guns.
Any topic on DIASes.

31) The following topics will result in a massive flame war.

Anything to do with Israel.
Will the 1994 AW Ban Sunset ?
Burden of Proof vs. AW Ban.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Great post but you forgot that for a new comer to reach senior status he must:

[b]21: Submit a easy and tasty cat receipe.[/b]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top