BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 12:26:48 AM EDT
Most likely not. But it looks real.

www.big-boys.com/articles/kickyourass.html
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#1]
NOT REAL. looks closely. You can see there are two layers. what they probably did was put the camera on a tripod, shot the bottle, then with the camera in the exact same position film the kid standing there pretending to have a bottle shot off his head. Then combine the two layers, masking in the kid shooting and the bottle. To me, it looks like the bottle pieces miraculously disappears as they're falling. When I worked in broadcasting, we'd do stuff like this with after effects all the time.

also, notice the super long star wars fan-ish pony tail on the guy shooting. Tell tale sign that he is a super nerd, and thus much more likely to be familiar with broadcasting and special effects.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
It did look like the pieces either disappeared, or fell behind the  guys head.

If its a fake, the pussies shoulda just cowboy'd the fuck up and played William Tell for real.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#3]
If they want to impress me, they will have to shoot beer bottle caps off of their friends' heads.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:55:22 AM EDT
[#4]
That's me and a liberal friend of mine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That's me and a liberal friend of mine.

In that case you were aiming too high.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I missed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive seen dumber shit being done by joes at a range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top