Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2002 9:33:44 AM EDT
I have noticed that guns are'nt selling at the fever pitch that they used to be.

A lot of people selling because they are unemployed.

Same thing for asscesories.

Seems the only the great deals are moving.

Have you guys noticed it also?

perhaps its time to pick up some bargains???

Link Posted: 8/13/2002 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll bet that the 50 cal market is hoppin'.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#2]
yeap...you could say that again[:E]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Time of year, too.  Not a lot of guns move betw. May and Sept when people vacation and then re-outfit for school.  Might be worse this year with the economy, but seasonally the summer sucks for gun sales.

Noah
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The economy is down [b]and[/b] this is the traditional off-season for "fall-line" goods. As Noah said from May to September sales are slow, then they pick up for fall hunting, Christmas, then in spring you get your Turkey and Varmint hunters. Handgun sales even taper through summer due to everyone spending their reserves on vacation, I do however see an increase in IWB holster sales through the summer months.

Jake
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree that it's the time of year for most folks to BBQ and hang around in the air conditioning.  Even the gun show vendors take a break this time of year.  Gun show season usually cranks back up in late Sept-Oct.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I think much of it has to do with the economy - hard to justify a firearm when you can't pay the rent or aren't sure that your job will be there next week, and some 'market corrections for over-exuberance'.  For a short while firearms prices rivaled gold or diamonds, and the jacked-up prices of msrp ++ put them out of reach for some people.

GSG9 - IWB holster sales would go up - so you can carry a cell phone and dial 911 in an emergency, like the gov't officials suggest. [:D]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GSG9 - IWB holster sales would go up - so you can carry a cell phone and dial 911 in an emergency, like the gov't officials suggest. [:D]
View Quote

Explain this comment please.

Jake
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top