Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2002 10:34:17 PM EDT

Some meandering but unsettling questions have been growing in the back of mind recently...

Are we just fooling ourselves into thinking that the RKBA is actually preventing tyranny here in America?

Does anyone really think that the Gov't fears us, the 80 million gun-owners of America?

Does anyone really believe that the 2nd Amendment is actually working to fend off an overly-oppressive Gov't?

Are we just lying to ourselves that our RKBA has a role in shaping the way our Gov't treats its citizenry?

Is the Gov't "holding back" its oppression of us JUST because 30% of us are gun-owners?

When in recent memory has the RKBA or a show of armed force by gun-owning citizens ever been successfully used to actually stop or reverse the oppressive actions of our Gov't? Waco?

When was the last time gun-owners ever put the fear of hell into Gov't bureaucrats and career politicians?

Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Rep. Waxman: "If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have these weapons at all!"
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Heh... that's a good one. I never saw that one. Thanks.

More quotes like that and I'll start sleeping better.

Link Posted: 9/7/2002 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
No, the govt does not fear gun owners. Those in power know that all that it would take is to get a talking head from the proper political party and the gun owning sheeple will fall right into line...the gun turn-in line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top