Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:19:33 AM EDT
That was the question of one of my girlfriend's friends when she saw my handgun on the book case.  I said "Yup, want to see it?"  She said "Ok....."  So I dropped the mag out and ejected the chambered round and racked the slide several times and then stuck my finger into the chamber to make sure it was unloaded and handed it too her.  She said "You keep a gun LOADED!"  I said "Well an unloaded gun is just an expensive paper weight"  She then looked a the rounds in the magazine she then said "THOSE ARE HOLLOW POINTS THEY ARE ILLEGAL!!!"  I said "Only in New Jersey"  She then said "So why do you have hollow point"  Well, I said it is so the round will expand to make a bigger hole and dump more of its energy into the target.  The next question I saw comming a mile away.  It was "So what is your target"  My response was "Dirtbags, terrorists, murderers, robbers, rapists, child molesters and any other bad people"  SHe said "You could just shoot someone and kill them?"  I said yep no problems here the only thing that would worry me is getting sued.  

Knowing where this discussion was headed my girlfriend jumped in to change the subject.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I fucking hate libs
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
You should have included "people who ask dumbass questions" in your targets list.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Knowing where this discussion was headed my girlfriend jumped in to change the subject.

Your damn right she jumped in. That other girl was about to ask you to do the dirty with her.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Why do you NEED a gun for?
They're only good for KILLING people!!!
Bad ones.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Invite her to the range and make a convert.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what you're thinking so you'll have to expand on that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't know what you're thinking so you'll have to expand on that.

Tag team, maybe?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

She is pretty frail looking exp. holding the handgun.  I doubt she would enjoy shooting a compact .40
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

"Some people need killing."
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She is pretty frail looking exp. holding the handgun.  I doubt she would enjoy shooting a compact .40

Start her off on a .22 rifle and work up to what she is comfortable with. You have a great chance to pass the sport and fun of shooting on to someone else. Take advantage of it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Start her off on a .22 rifle and work up to what she is comfortable with. You have a great chance to pass the sport and fun of shooting on to someone else. Take advantage of it.

Could do that but I really don't think this girl is the shooting type.  More of the lets drink wine, eat cheese and talk about art type.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could do that but I really don't think this girl is the shooting type.  More of the lets drink wine, eat cheese and talk about art type.

Ask her to come out with you and your girl. I've only had a few people turn me down. +1 on starting her out on a 22 and moving up.

this girl:

is so lightweight she couldn't hold up an AR. That's her shooting the 50 bmg.

this girl:

was also not the type I thought would be interested in shooting. I'm glad I was wrong!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#15]
interesting way to place her shooting hand.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the .40 you always had?  Why did I think you had a 226?  MJD
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Build her a cake or something!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:48:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that the .40 you always had?  Why did I think you had a 226?  MJD

'cause the 226 looks like a 229
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shouldve taken her to the bedroom range and gave her your "gun".
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shouldve taken her to the bedroom range and gave her your "gun".

Yeah but the bedroom is where the EBR's are kept.  She would have passed out for sure......though thinking about it that wouldn't be such a bad thing though the betterhalf would have had something to say about that for sure.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#22]
That could well be.  When you gonna get yourself a 220?    Did I ever show you the targets Kristen tore up with mine?  Put a .45 in that girl's hands and watch out.  She shoots minute-of-dead, that's for sure.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
That could well be.  When you gonna get yourself a 220?    Did I ever show you the targets Kristen tore up with mine?  Put a .45 in that girl's hands and watch out.  She shoots minute-of-dead, that's for sure.  MJD

Not yet.  I am getting a new gunsafe though the girlfriend has given me the all clear to buy a gun tomorrow if I see one I like.  I struggle with being decisive.  I am still stuck as to get a 1911, 220, 226 in .40, .357sig or 9mm.  I also have an itching to get another AR, an AK, FAL or a Garand.  My mind changes daily!  Such is a symptom of BRD.

ETA I really like the nice ragged hole that shot with yours.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not yet.  I am getting a new gunsafe though the girlfriend has given me the all clear to buy a gun tomorrow if I see one I like.  I struggle with being decisive.  I am still stuck as to get a 1911, 220, 226 in .40, .357sig or 9mm.  I also have an itching to get another AR, an AK, FAL or a Garand.  My mind changes daily!  Such is a symptom of BRD.

Well, I'm going to throw another one in the mix.  Wait until the Springfield XD in .45 ACP hits the shelves.  If you don't like .45 for some reason, you could always get an XD40 or XD9.  I've got an XD40 service model w/EFK Firedragon .357 SIG barrel and Druffick's got an XD9 subcompact.  They're both great.  Still prefer the 220.  When are you going to bring your girlfriend out to one of our shoots?  MJD
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I'm going to throw another one in the mix.  Wait until the Springfield XD in .45 ACP hits the shelves.  If you don't like .45 for some reason, you could always get an XD40 or XD9.  I've got an XD40 service model w/EFK Firedragon .357 SIG barrel and Druffick's got an XD9 subcompact.  They're both great.  Still prefer the 220.  When are you going to bring your girlfriend out to one of our shoots?  MJD

Honestly I am not a fan of the XD's.  Really don't like the trigger on them.  I know a guy who worked as a contractor in the Sandbox and he loves his.  I just like Sigs more, don't know why just do.  I like .45's just wish most would hold more than 7 or 8 rounds.

I don't see Leslie coming out to the shoots.  She isn't much of a gun person and when she does shoot (just the .22lr right now) she like to do it alone because she feels selfconcious being a newbie to guns.  I am hopefull that I can get her some trigger time on the AR sometime this year but I am not going to hold my breath.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#27]
when she asked "Is that what I think it is?"  you whould have said no, and then taken a picture of the stupid look on her face and posted it in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
when she asked "Is that what I think it is?"  you whould have said no, and then taken a picture of the stupid look on her face and posted it in this thread.

Next time she is over I will make sure the AR is in plain view and try it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
]Honestly I am not a fan of the XD's.  Really don't like the trigger on them.  I know a guy who worked as a contractor in the Sandbox and he loves his.  I just like Sigs more, don't know why just do.  I like .45's just wish most would hold more than 7 or 8 rounds.

This will be my last off-topic comment so a mod doesn't lock this topic for our "conversation".  Try Para-Ordnance if you've got big hands.  14 rounds of .45ACP goodness.  That, or *gulp* G21.  Maybe one day your girlfriend will come along if she's ready.  A beta-mag dump or a beltfed is cool to us, but we wouldn't want to scare a newb.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eject and fast! I found out today the girls who are hot, love to shoot, and arent crazy really do exist. I promise. Took a girl shooting today and she loved it! Sorry you got stuck with a lib
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
]Honestly I am not a fan of the XD's.  Really don't like the trigger on them.  I know a guy who worked as a contractor in the Sandbox and he loves his.  I just like Sigs more, don't know why just do.  I like .45's just wish most would hold more than 7 or 8 rounds.

This will be my last off-topic comment so a mod doesn't lock this topic for our "conversation".  Try Para-Ordnance if you've got big hands.  14 rounds of .45ACP goodness.  That, or *gulp* G21.  Maybe one day your girlfriend will come along if she's ready.  A beta-mag dump or a beltfed is cool to us, but we wouldn't want to scare a newb.  MJD

Been thinking about a G21
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eject and fast! I found out today the girls who are hot, love to shoot, and arent crazy really do exist. I promise. Took a girl shooting today and she loved it! Sorry you got stuck with a lib

Wasn't my girl who went icky with the guns.  Mine doesn't particularly like to shoot but she does like that I have guns.  Every night before bed is when she does her checklist of making sure doors are locked and gun is on the nightstand.

Plus if she liked guns as much as I do we would have a problem having enough money for food.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Been thinking about a G38

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#34]
I live in a 2 bedroom apt. with a roommate so I don't have room for a safe, all of my guns are leaning up in the corners of my bedroom, and the pistols on the floor right next to my bed.  When they walk in there they see the AR and pistols and they stop dead in their tracks, it's pretty damn funny if you ask me.  They get over it once I show them how stuff works and that the only one loaded is the Sig.

Oh yeah the 15 or 20 loaded strippers on my dresser might also look kind of intimidating to the average person with no firearms experiance.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

She's not without hope. At least she wasn't scared to touch it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Ask her to come out with you and your girl. I've only had a few people turn me down. +1 on starting her out on a 22 and moving up.

this girl:
mhs.ryjones.org/2006%20Robe%20Shoot/_w/50BMG-smile_jpg.jpg

this girl:
mhs.ryjones.org/2006%20Robe%20Shoot/_w/AK47-serious_jpg.jpg
was also not the type I thought would be interested in shooting. I'm glad I was wrong!

You bringin' 'em to the LCR?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this girl:
mhs.ryjones.org/2006%20Robe%20Shoot/_w/50BMG-smile_jpg.jpg

this girl:
mhs.ryjones.org/2006%20Robe%20Shoot/_w/AK47-serious_jpg.jpg

You bringin' 'em to the LCR?

If we show, it's because they brought me, not the other way around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top