Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2001 6:53:21 PM EDT
Given the current hysteria regarding anthrax, "reliable" threats, "I heard it from a friend" rumors, Halloween attack rumors, etc.....

is it worth it to you to pass out candy tommorrow?

Many police departments are recommending people NOT trick-or-treat.  Many folks will avoid houses they don't know.  You may not get many takers anyway.

Now factor in some hysterical mother reporting you to the cops as a terrorist (make up a reason) and you have to wonder -

[blue]is it worth it?[/blue]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I think we are going to hand out $$.  Quarters are always a good thing...heck give the little ones 2 or 3 quarters and let them buy candy they want.  Just my 2 cents

medcop
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#3]
So much for my annual Halloween practical joke of going in to a supermarket and tossing down a bag of apples and a couple packs of straight razors on to the express check out lane. This is(or was) folowed by an unblinking stare right at the cashier with a slightly twitching upper lip for good measure.

Man, those were the good ol' days.

Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Does Mickey D's still have those little coupons for free fries and stuff?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#7]
We had our trick or treat Sunday afternoon. My wife took our 2 1/2 year old daughter through the neighborhood and I stayed home and gave out the goodies. It was a little slower than last year but no much. I choose to live my life without fear.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, it is worth it.  The kids don't care about any stinkin terrorist!!!  Any trouble that may occur will be the result of paranoid stupid people, and I ain't letting them ruin my holidays!!

Sgtar15
[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000017294/1000017294_1029200112626AM0.5225794.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm heading over to my sister's house. If any of ya'll want to come on by, please do. We can watch for the STHF and munch on some Tootsie Rolls or whatever she might have.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]
since I'm still young enough to raise some hell, I think I will declare jihad on some pumpkins
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Of course it's worth it.  I did it, my kids did it, and I have a couple of grandkids going out tomorrow night.  

We won't get many trick or treaters this far up in the sticks, but my wife has laid in a ton of candy, and we'll carve a jack o' lantern.  

Live Free, not in fear.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I got a couple bags in case anyone shows, had to test it for safety, of course.

Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I haven't passed out Halloween candy for the past 7 years.

Just don't believe in it.
View Quote

C'mon everyone. Let's egg his house.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Not worth it? Seeing all the little kids dressed up and excited is surely worth it. I'll be handing it out tomorrow and brave the anthrax attacks and possibility of being reported as a terrorist.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Crap, I forgot that halloween is tomarrow! Kids come trick or treating in the dorms here, and I don't have anything! Oh well, I'll just go and get some powdered donuts from the cafeteria tomarrow morning and give those out. I bet those will go over great. [devil]

Kyle
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn right I will give the little Gobblins candy, brings back to many memories of my childhood to stop now...[:D]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Givin out Raman Noodles and little bags of chips ... and some candy bars ...

The kids like to get something different...

Ted...
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Ramen Noodles?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be passing some out. My sister bought about 30lbs of candy. I even told her before she bought it that there won't be as much trick or treaters this year. I guess she just doesn't listen. I guess the only safe thing I can think of is to watch out for those with rubber gloves on or gas masks that are giving out the candy. If I catch one of those giving out candy to my little nephew, I won't be too happy.  Maybe these "new" attacks might happen tomorrow night. I am very worried about all the kids if some asshole terrorist has a nuke and nukes innocent kids. Of course, I'll have my pistola ready just in case. I wonder how many false alarm police reports will happen tomorrow night... If something does happen, they probably won't be there on time. Maybe I should also bring one of my evil guns?????
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#22]
1) Thank goodness I'm off tomorrow.

2) I plan on turning off all the lights to the house so the kiddies think n one is home and they don't come knocking on my door.  Get in the backroom armed and watch TV in the dark.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 11:06:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So much for my annual Halloween practical joke of going in to a supermarket and tossing down a bag of apples and a couple packs of straight razors on to the express check out lane.
View Quote

I've been thinking of throwing some powdered sugar into their candy bags:  "Happy Hallowe'en, kids!  Have some anthrax!" [X]

Any bets on how long it takes the cops to show up??
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So much for my annual Halloween practical joke of going in to a supermarket and tossing down a bag of apples and a couple packs of straight razors on to the express check out lane.
View Quote

I've been thinking of throwing some powdered sugar into their candy bags:  "Happy Hallowe'en, kids!  Have some anthrax!" [X]

Any bets on how long it takes the cops to show up??
View Quote

All joking aside,
Sounds like a good way to get
your ass kicked,
Shot in the face,
House burned down.....
Yeah the cops'll come alright.

When it's over.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:10:41 AM EDT
[#25]
I heard on the news (not sure if it is true or not) that someone went to a Costco (I still call em Price clubs) and bought 5,000 dollars worth of candy.  Then a few days later returned all of it.  They checked some bags and put it all back on the shelves.   Now nothing was probably done but stories like these make everyone nervous.  Not sure if the Costco was local here or somewhere else in the Nation.

Btw, passing out Quarters?  That gets expensive when you have lots of kids. lol.  They will probably come by a 2nd and 3rd time.

I remember some lady back in the 70's passed out pennys.  I hated that place because who wanted pennys, we wanted CANDY.

[img]www.animatedgif.net/seasonal/halloween/jacko_e0.gif[/img]

[img]www.animatedgif.net/seasonal/halloween/ksghosty_e0.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:29:53 AM EDT
[#26]
HAHA I live on the second floor of a 2 family house I have no candy responsibility!

This guy on my old block used to give Aer Lingus first class junk to us (actually it was decent stuff.)

Boxes of rasins suck.

I used to get so many pennies that my plastic pumpkin would weigh about 5 lbs. (Quarters RULE!)

Those mickyDs coupons were great cause you could get a parent to take you there and then get them to buy you more stuff.  Wendy's always has a sign (every year for at least the last 5) for 10 small frosty coupons for a buck and i always think it would be slick to buy like 5 bucks worth and be in cold chocolatey heaven...

Trick or treating in apartment buildings is great because if you time it so everyone's home you get ton's of stuff for minimal effort.
-bill
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
since I'm still young enough to raise some hell, I think I will declare jihad on some pumpkins
View Quote

Leftover pumpkins make excellent targets.  Cut a small hole in the top, fill with water, and shoot at them.  A 44 Mag with hollow points makes a hell of a mess!  For extra effect, add a turban to the pumpkin.
Link Posted: 10/31/2001 4:47:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I ran out one year,luckily, I had not emptied the cat box that week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top