Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2001 4:14:03 PM EDT
I know they were made to be LEO, but since you can get full auto with a tax stamp, is there some way to get a 5.7mm rifle? Specifically the new FN p90. A buddy of mine saw it and decided he had to have one, so I looked it up and had to break the bad news that it was a 5.7 and no way could he get one. But I thought I would check to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
5.7mm = 'nonsporting round' = to powerful for use peasents = you will never get own....I want one too [:(]

[rail]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
6mm of bullet going 2200fps - out of a handgun.  Imagine that being illegal in the United States...imagine that...
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I figured as much, but I was hoping for some hope. Is there any chance for another caliber for the fn p90 then?
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I started a thread like that not too long ago, about a 9mm P90. Unfortunetly the devil is in the detail. Actualy becaus it's a bullpup the barrle wouldn't have to be too much longer to make it legal BUT, It would have to be made here. And there would be no hi-caps for it. Our only hope is that the AWB won't be renewed, and something like Ron Pauls 'second amendment rights restoration act' to get passed when if we have firm control of the house, senate, and presidenct in the post-04 time frame. Don't hold your breathe. It's unfortunate, because I really love it's ergonomics.

[rail]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
5.7mm version and bullpup design wasnt illegal here I would buy one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Every single detail about the rifle is against you.
[b]5.7[/b]-- non-sporting caliber.
[b]Short barrel[/b]-- would have to be 16"
[b]Hi cap. magazine[/b]-- can't import
[b]Full auto[/b]-- even if it did get into this country YOU couldn't have one because its a post '86 dealer sample and therefore NOT transferrable...

SO give3 it up.  All you can have is pictures, posters and your Ultimate Soldier doll with his 5.7...

I love that rifle too...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Can my PD get them?
cpermd
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually I can get the soft air version full auto but it isn't the same.
cpermd- I don't see why not. And they were pretty cheap as full autos go. Only 1400 for the top model. Unless your state has some restrictions on what the pd can own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top