Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 10:10:05 PM EDT
Is there anyone out there who is satisfied with the guns that they have and has no desire to buy more?

I ask because I feel like my desire for more is becoming a bottomless pit.  Not that that bothers me, but I just bought a new rifle about a week ago and my cravings for new stuff barely went away for a day.

I'm not saying that I am out of control or my collection is anywhere near complete it's just that the desire for new weapons is ridiculously strong.

I know that most of you guys are probably in the same boat, I was just wondering, does it ever end?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
NO
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is there anyone out there who is satisfied with the guns that they have and has no desire to buy more?

I ask because I feel like my desire for more is becoming a bottomless pit.  Not that that bothers me, but I just bought a new rifle about a week ago and my cravings for new stuff barely went away for a day.

I'm not saying that I am out of control or my collection is anywhere near complete it's just that the desire for new weapons is ridiculously strong.

I know that most of you guys are probably in the same boat, I was just wondering, does it ever end?

Are they needed-No!
Are they wanted-Yes
Can you ever have too many- Shouldn't even need to answer that one.    

And nah, not the same boat.  Just several "boating accidents"
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
If you think you have enough money/ammo/firearms, then something is wrong with you.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just buy one a month and damned your retirement savings.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I try to convince myself that it is, but to no avail. It's sort of a vicious cycle: you tell yourself you only need "just a few more" off your priority list, then it's pretty much enough. After you get those "few more," however, you end up deciding, "ok, ok, just these last three or four priorities, then I'm pretty well set for a while." But no, the cycle always repeats itself. There may be lulls or periods of financial difficulty, etc., but you always just have to buy "a few more".

Besides, even if it were possible to have "enough" guns, the amount of mags/ammo you will at that point be determined to buy will keep you busy (and probably broke) for the rest of your life.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Besides, even if it were possible to have "enough" guns, the amount of mags/ammo you will at that point be determined to buy will keep you busy (and probably broke) for the rest of your life.

Amen!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Enough guns?  Yes.

Enough ammo?  Never
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I cant sleep right now cuz Im thinking about that next gun.  Probably dream about it tonight
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
There will never be enough in my collection.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Every time I think I've got enough guns, I want one more.  Next up on the list is a 7MM Rifle.  I've got got enought handguns and EBR's, for the moment anyways.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Guns are more addictive than nicotine!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:41:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Nope
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:41:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah,

I made a quick list of the priority guns I planned on purchasing.  About a month later the list has tripled.

Next up is either a 7.62/.308 (RRA AR-10?) or an AK variant (probably an underfolder).

But I also need a new bird gun, and I don't have a .22 semi auto pistol yet, and I think I might need another Garand before the CMP supply runs out, and........and................and................and...............

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I have enough pistols for know but I do have my eye on a 16" JLD PTR
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't understand the question?
Are you speaking english ?
I don't understand the Syntax you are using ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Enough guns?  Yes.

Enough ammo?  Never

i'm about the same.  i have a .40 and a .45, and i somehow manage to stress myself out every time i'm buying ammo.  i actually have conversations with myself...

"but i only have 100rds of .40 left."

"yeah, but the .45 is my TEOTWAWKI gun."

"but you already have 1000+ rounds of .45--how much can you carry, anyway?"

"well, i could buy the surplus deuce-and-a-half"

"with all that money you save from not buying .40?"

and so on...

and the entire time, larry from sps guns just shakes his head and grins, because the bastard knows he's getting ALL of my money.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#17]
If I had one of every weapon ever made......and that ever will be made or thought of then my answer would be yes....I'd have enuff
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I keep telling myself that if I buy that damn P-01, all will be fine and dandy in my pathetic little world.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I have enough guns. But, I can't pass up a good deal, either. One more sneaks in from time to time. Gotta work on the ammo situation, though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#20]
No, wanting more guns is normal reaction for men.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Just need one more.....      
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#22]

yes. it's just not possible to make enough money to afford "enough" guns.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#23]
My opinion is yes you can have enough guns , and I have posted this question about 2 month ago.
And stated I was done buying guns.
Since then I bought a New Bushy A2  and am ordering a New P.O.S upper to fit my new LMT lower
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Yup.  I'm perfectly happy with my gear.

Now guitars on the other hand...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just buy one a month and damned your retirement savings.

Don't you get it?  The guns ARE your retirement savings!  

ETA:  The novelty of a particular gun wears off about a week after you purchase and shoot it.  So you want a new one.  I think somebody should start timesharring guns.  That way, you could renew the novelty anytime you wanted without having to actually own all 300 different guns.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#26]
At this moment I tell myself I need (want) only two more firearms, a FAL and a Glock 26. I am sure once I get those I will need (want) some others. It never ends.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Enough, yes.  Too many, no.  (Therein lies the addiction... )

Quoted:
I have enough guns. But, I can't pass up a good deal, either...

Ditto.  Bought two in the last two days, both great deals/impulse buys, but I couldn't with any sincerity at all make the argument that I NEEDED either one...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#28]
DUDE,  you gotta get em all!

2 of everything is even better.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Can you say collection? But a lot of times I just enjoy building them, and then I’ll sell them off if I don’t need them. Then I’ll build some more.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't know, let you know when I get there and have enough.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are they needed-No!
Are they wanted-Yes
Can you ever have too many- Shouldn't even need to answer that one.    

And nah, not the same boat.  Just several "boating accidents"

What do you mean they're not needed!?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes

Guns, like cars, are money pits. Sure, if you had a billion dollars you could build a personal garage in New York and fill it with Porsches like Mr. Seinfeld, but reality is, there are many other things you can do with your money like make it work FOR you.

I feel like most people don't spend a tenth enough time learning about financial mechanisms and how they can work to your advantage. Most people are idiots when it comes to the mechanicals of cars, boats, houses, guns... but why money? Money is for more than blowing on your toys you know...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#33]
NO---Next question
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:12:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#36]
One can never have too many!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I'M SORRY.....YOU'RE NOT SQUEEKING ENGLISH!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Yes, I'm happy with what I have, and am considering selling a few.

Weapons are tools.

RC cars are toys.

I don't collect anything.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If I had one of every weapon ever made......and that ever will be made or thought of then my answer would be yes....I'd have enuff

You'd need at least two of the same gun.  One to shoot, and one as a safe queen.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd need at least two of the same gun.  One to shoot, and one as a safe queen.

I didn't want to sound greedy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Of course it's possible to have enough guns...just one more.  

It's the same with money.  How much money is enough?  Just a little bit more.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:59:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Probably yes...real life NO.

HH
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#43]
... funny thing, as I was doing an inventory tonight, I was wondering the same thing - What could be the downside of owning "too many"?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#44]
... funny thing, as I was doing an inventory tonight, I was wondering the same thing - What could be the downside of owning "too many"?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

If it diverts money from other places :

Say - ammo, training courses, savings, retirement, auto repairs, whatever
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Cleaning all of them.....but then I like the cleaning part too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
... funny thing ...

... Dayum!

... Is it really possible to do a double post on ARFCOM,  as seen above at the same time - a warp in the time continuum I say!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... funny thing ...

... Dayum!

... Is it really possible to do a double post on ARFCOM,  as seen above at the same time - a warp in the time continuum I say!

A glitch in the matrix

Enough guns? NEVER!!!

I find it funny that SigsandGlocks got flamed for having 36 of the same type of weapon the other day...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

The only restriction on the purchasing of new guns should be your pocket book.

Ufortunetly I'm not all that wealthy

Alvin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top