Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 7:41:42 PM EDT
Is it my imagination or did the media already spend more time on Cheny than all the beheadings?

Seriously, one of the stations had a demonstration of the pattern on a big piece of cardboard
So, now everyone knows the approximate spread of the VPs shot, to help us understand..........

I don't remember them doing a step by step demonstration of the beheadings, the ones broadcast by the terrorists
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
heck yea.....what sells more: republican VP capping a hunter w/ a GUN
or
foreign militants doing some old fashion beheadings

retarded media
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember how many seconds The Media Inc gave that Egyptian ship that sank the other day with over 1000 people drowned...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
True.

And what makes them the most pissed off is that they, the media, were not notified. Who the fuck are they, the law? Holy shit.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Or all the fawning over the news actor and the camera man who got blowed up when it's a daily way of life for GI's and regular old Joe Iraqi...

"But But But, We're the MEDIA, we're special...!!!"

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#5]
They have left balanced faaaaar behind

This story is getting more airtime than Natalie Hollaway

Waaaaaay more airtime than the BEHEADINGS, go figure

The media's priorities\bias should be CLEAR to anyone\everyone
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]
The not being notified BS is a red herring.  Just another excuse to bash the Bush bunch.  Keep in mind that the American media hates Bush/Chaney and loves any America hating, violent barbarians.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
The media was pissed that some local-yokel gazette newspaper got the scoop instead of the billion dollar White House press corps. That's all.

And journalists hate Bush and Cheney, too.

What I find sad is that if I had shot someone like he did I'd still be in jail today waiting for my bail hearing. I would have been arrested face down in the gravel with bracelets on at gunpoint by some overzealous guys from the local meth house entry team.

If that 78yo fucker dies, does anyone think that Cheney will face involuntary manslaughter charges? No fucking way. Would you or I? Without a doubt.

Royalty has its privileges.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the Mainstream Media made it pretty clear their opinion of Dick Cheney:

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck the main stream media, and every cock-sucking, liberal, piece of dog shit that comprises it!

If Klinton or Gore had done this, the American Public would never hear a word of it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
There was a time when journalists had to work for stories.  Now they act like monopolists.  Send us our story, now, or else.

Now they won't even go along on a hunting trip.  You realize that?  Not a single journalist was covering the VP's vacation.  They hate going to Texas.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:20:52 AM EDT
[#12]
In addition to being drunk on meds and ? when he blasted the 78 year old,  Cheney doesn't give a flying f about illegal immigration.

And he hid from the police while he sobered up it would seem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:56:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The not being notified BS is a red herring.  Just another excuse to bash the Bush bunch.  Keep in mind that the American media hates Bush/Chaney and loves any America hating, violent barbarians.

+1

Max
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
In addition to being drunk on meds and ? when he blasted the 78 year old,  Cheney doesn't give a flying f about illegal immigration.

That is simply a lie.  They called the Sherrif immediately.  The Secret Service were there with him the whole time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is simply a lie.  They called the Sherrif immediately.  The Secret Service were there with him the whole time.

Don't know about the drunkeness bit, but the SS did keep the local sheriff away for hours when he showed up to investigate/conduct interviews.

This is documented.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Congratulations!!!!

You win dumbest post of the day so far.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't know about the drunkeness bit, but the SS did keep the local sheriff away for hours when he showed up to investigate/conduct interviews.

This is documented.

The guards at the ranch kept them away, and they were not aware of the situation.  The police in question had heard the ambulance that was called and had come to check on the call.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#18]
And what's with the rising popularity of the black 'X'? CNN had an explanation for the X over Cheney, but did they explain the reason for the X the last few times it has appeared over the face of politicians?

Just curious. Those of us who understand the media don't need any explanation. But I'd like to hear their excuses anyway.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:41:16 AM EDT
[#19]
The longer the media keeps this going, the further from our mind the treason Al Gore commited will fade away....

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

go back to DU... your liberal rants are not welcome here
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#21]
When Dick blows his load into another man's chest and face, ya gotta expect some attention.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#22]
The media is not a dispassionate entity.

They are a wing of the DU crowd.

AlGore goes overseas and gets paid money by Bin Ladens to speak about how arabs are randomly round up and treated terribly in the United States, and narry a peep.

Cheney is involved in a hunting accident, and the press resorts to calling the press secretary a *jerk* to his FACE INSIDE THE WHITEHOUSE because he isn't giving them the answers they want.

The media is not objective. They are merely the large PR wing of the libbie nutcases. With a few standout exceptions, (Brit Hume, etc...), they are worthless partisan hacks who believe themselves superior to everyone else in the nation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The guards at the ranch kept them away, and they were not aware of the situation.  The police in question had heard the ambulance that was called and had come to check on the call.

This is factually incorrect. The Secret Service has already admitted to turning away the sheriffs when they showed up to investigate...after arranging for the locals to do just that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
True.

And what makes them the most pissed off is that they, the media, were not notified. Who the fuck are they, the law? Holy shit.

I asked someone at work that very thing yesterday.  They weren't notified within 24 hours??????????  Who fucking cares.  They must think they are some kind of .gov entity.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I assume you have some actual proof that Cheney was under the influence, do you?

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:44:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The media was pissed that some local-yokel gazette newspaper got the scoop instead of the billion dollar White House press corps. That's all.

And journalists hate Bush and Cheney, too.

What I find sad is that if I had shot someone like he did I'd still be in jail today waiting for my bail hearing. I would have been arrested face down in the gravel with bracelets on at gunpoint by some overzealous guys from the local meth house entry team.

If that 78yo fucker dies, does anyone think that Cheney will face involuntary manslaughter charges? No fucking way. Would you or I? Without a doubt.

Royalty has its privileges.

Come on now.  When was the last time that you heard of a hunter here in Georgia being arrested for a hunting accident?  I don't recall it happening in recent times.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:46:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

How long did it take you to fabricate this bullshit?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I think the Mainstream Media made it pretty clear their opinion of Dick Cheney:

members.cox.net/_themacallan/MediaOpinionOfCheney.jpg

Is that an actual picture from CNN?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yup.

They called it a "malfunction".

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:51:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is factually incorrect. The Secret Service has already admitted to turning away the sheriffs when they showed up to investigate...after arranging for the locals to do just that.

I guess the story has changed since yesterday then.  At that time they were saying it was guards or employees of the ranch.

This highlights the other aspect of this crap.  Rush to report something without any regaurd to it's truth.

Can you show where the latest version of the story is?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#31]
This is probably the greatest thing to happen to the liberal media in months. War? What war?

This is yet another reason why I would have no problem cancelling my cable service right now.

I caught a few minutes of the press conference and the press were grilling Scott McClellan. What pissed me off about it is they all take this defensive position as if they're cross examining lawyers when asking their questions. I'm not a fan of McClellan at all. I think Ari Fleischer would have handled them a lot better and not taken any of their shit. They trampled that guy and it made me have to flip to another channel. Unless I missed something after moving on...

Between the collosal waste of time in covering this to no end and the only other thing to talk about being the trashing of FEMA (instead of NOLA government) I just want to put my foot through my TV screen.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#32]

By Michael Gawenda Herald Correspondent in Washington
February 15, 2006
Related coverage

WHILE the man the US Vice-President Dick Cheney shot in a hunting accident was said to be in a stable condition, debate raged over why news of the shooting was suppressed for 24 hours, and why Mr Cheney's Secret Service detail had turned away local sheriff's deputies when they arrived to investigate the incident.

When the news broke, it did not come from the White House or Mr Cheney's office but from one of the owners of the ranch where the shooting took place who contacted the local paper.

Harry Whittington, 78, a Texan, millionaire lawyer and loyal Republican, was accidentally shot by Mr Cheney on Saturday while they were in a group of quail hunters on the ranch owned by a prominent Republican family.

After Mr Whittington was taken by helicopter to a Texas hospital suffering bird-shot wounds to his face, neck and shoulders, Mr Cheney stayed at the ranch and when the local sheriff's deputies turned up, they were told to come back the next morning.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

February 15, 2006
Related coverage

debate raged over why news of the shooting was suppressed for 24 hours, and why Mr Cheney's Secret Service detail had turned away local sheriff's deputies when they arrived to investigate the incident.

Maybe because, while this makes some good dinner conversation and comedic fodder for SNL, it's hardly anything thing terribly important in terms of news. People get shot hunting all the time.

The fact that Cheney didn't run to hold a press conference right away doesn't tell me "cover-up"... it tells me he doesn't give a rat's fuck about the press. "Gee... I shot my friend... I'm terribly guilt stricken... maybe telling the world will make me feel better... or not."
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The fact that Cheney didn't run to hold a press conference right away doesn't tell me "cover-up"... it tells me he doesn't give a rat's fuck about the press. "Gee... I shot my friend... I'm terribly guilt stricken... maybe telling the world will make me feel better... or not."

It's the SS turning away the local deputies that raises my eyebrows the most, not the lack of a news conference for the idiots.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

February 15, 2006
Related coverage

debate raged over why news of the shooting was suppressed for 24 hours, and why Mr Cheney's Secret Service detail had turned away local sheriff's deputies when they arrived to investigate the incident.

They turned away sheriff's deputies and wanted to deal with the sheriff himself.  In such a high profile case I have no objection with this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Why was an ambulance called?  The story on Sunday was that the VP's ambulace was at the ranch and was used to transport Whittington to the hospital.  

Edited to add: his PA was also along (with the ambulance) and was giving medical treatment within one minute of the shot.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
It's the SS turning away the local deputies that raises my eyebrows the most, not the lack of a news conference for the idiots.

Quoted:
They turned away sheriff's deputies and wanted to deal with the sheriff himself.  In such a high profile case I have no objection with this.

Pretty much my feelings on that particular part of the "case". I don't know anything about jurisdictional authority... but I would think any place POTUS/VPOTUS is is more or less federal jurisidication. They probably didn't want Barney Fife fucking things up.

This administration is already under the microscope as it is... I seriously doubt anyone is going to try to pull off a cover-up of any kind.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Is it my imagination or did the media already spend more time on Cheny than all the beheadings?

Seriously, one of the stations had a demonstration of the pattern on a big piece of cardboard
So, now everyone knows the approximate spread of the VPs shot, to help us understand..........

I don't remember them doing a step by step demonstration of the beheadings, the ones broadcast by the terrorists

Good point. The only other thing I have yet to hear is......................
Independent Prosecutor!!!

The longer this goes on the more ridiculous the "Journalists" appear.

Edited yet again for speling
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point. The only other thing I have yet to hear is......................
Independent Prosecutor!!!

The longer this goes on the more ridulous the "Journalists" appear.

Well NOW we are going to hear it.

Crimony. Don't give these mouthbreathing buffoons ideas, people!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Tough choice for an editor:

1) Cover the cartoon riots?

2) Cover Gore's Saudia Arabia speech?

3) Cover the VP's wounding of a hunter?

We now all know which is most important.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#41]
When asked about his recent hunting trip, Vice President Richard Cheney had this to comment on:

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

So have quite a few of the usual suspects on this board.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Remember how many seconds The Media Inc gave that Egyptian ship that sank the other day with over 1000 people drowned...

it is really disgusting
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Cheney beheaded somebody?

Man, that guy needs to quit doing stuff like that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

They called it a "malfunction".

The only malfunction is that they let their true colors show.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I assume you have some actual proof that Cheney was under the influence, do you?

Cheney had a beer at lunch. The accident was at dusk. But that sorta misses the point AROptics was trying to make: Cheney is an evil Republican who would probably force AROptics off of welfare given the chance.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Meanwhile I barely recall ANYTHING about Vince Foster.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Meanwhile I barely recall ANYTHING about Vince Foster.

Who?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top