Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:30:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
yes
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Global Security is run by John Pike.

He has links to a couple of my web pages from GS.org.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. They seemed on the up and up but I had some questions.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I really enjoy that site. It's bookmarked on my machine for times I need to reference a jet, tank, weapon, etc.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Good for Technical info only.

The organizers are generally Liberal, the attached essays usually lean towards Isolationist / Defeatist (some Libertarians may enjoy them, too).
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Has decent information, but Mr. Pike is also a member of the Federation of American Scientists.

This group was founded by scientists who worked the Manhattan Project, who after the fact had an attack
of "Oh, we've left the genie out of the bottle" and whose purpose now is to rid the world of nuclear
weapons, etc.

Not a bad thing, mind you, as being a crispy critter due to some hadji making his own homemade
nuke isn't on my 'list of things to do', but I do take issue on their stance, as I've found it, that there
should be no secrets, etc. in gov't.

They make a point of publishing just about anything and everything on the Web, that they can get
their hands on. "It's in the public interest" is the usual mantra , and therefore this makes
them my adversary, from a professional point of view.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#7]
i was gonna say gs and fas are two of the best for open intel.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#8]
yeah a use that one one and fas.org  Federation of American Scientists
which is the other one.

smallarms

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:52:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Good for Technical info only.

The organizers are generally Liberal, the attached essays usually lean towards Isolationist / Defeatist (some Libertarians may enjoy them, too).

Funny you'd mention that... that was my impression too. They seem to think the war in Iraq isn't doing so hot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top